0. Fated Meeting

A/N: Didn't think I'd add a new chapter to this, did ya? :^) This is a prequel to this entire book all about your first meeting with Vector (aka Ray). I'm not entirely sure what prompted me to do this but I did. Hope you enjoy~

...
..
.

You quickly stumbled around to find and grab your school bag before slipping on your shoes and exiting your home in a hurry. It was one thing to get sick and miss a few days of school, and it was another to over sleep right when you got better. Now you were in a rush to get to school.

"Ah I can't believe I missed out on Devon Knox's visit too!" Tori had texted you the news while you were still bedridden, and needless to say you were severely dissapointed that you missed your chance to meet him. Sure, you weren't the best duelist out there nor a huge fan of his, but it would've been fun to challenge a pro duelist like him.

That, and apparently a new student had joined the numbers club while you were stuck at home. At first it sounded like he caused a lot of trouble for Yuma, but Tori said that he eventually accepted the overzealous boy. So even though you couldn't meet a pro duelist yesterday, at least you'll be meeting a new friend today. You smiled at the thought.

"I wonder what he's like."

...
..
.

"Good morning, (y/n)," Tori greeted you by the school entrance. "Are you feeling better?"

"Much better," You replied while steadying your breaths. The green haired girl gave you a look.

"Don't tell me, you overslept this morning didn't you?"

You chuckled. "Maybe just a bit, but hey I still managed to get here on time." The girl sighed but she didn't deny that.

"I guess that's true, if only someone also put in the effort to get here on time."

You didn't even have to ask who she was talking about. "Hopefully he'll grow out of that habit," You laughed. "For now, let's head to class." She hummed in agreement and you both walked into the school building.

Along the way you had mindless chatter, mostly about the day before. She filled you in about the new transfer student--apparently his name was Ray Shadows--and just how much he bothered Yuma at first.

"Wait- he dragged Yuma through a bunch of shortcuts to get to school?" You had to bite the inside of you cheek so you wouldn't laugh out loud in the hallway. "And he walked in looking like a total mess? I wish I was there to see that!"

Tori couldn't help but let out a small laugh too. "He might come in looking the same way today, that new kid just loves to cause him trouble."

The more he was brought up, the more interested you became. Although Ray sounded like a troublesome boy, his intentions seemed pure. Perhaps his overly positive and energetic attitude was just a tad bit overwhelming for Yuma.

You two eventually reached your classroom and sat down by your desks. There, the rest of the numbers club gathered to welcome you back and tell you even more about Ray. Midway through your conversation and right before class officially started, the classroom door burst open. Everyone's attention immediately shifted to whoever was standing by the entrance.

"Good morning everyone! I have once again brought the Duel Carnival Champion Yuma Tsukumo to class!" A boy with bright orange hair and violet eyes announced. With one arm he pulled said boy into view, and sure enough he looked completely scuffed up.

It didn't take long for you to realize who this rambunctious student was.

"Ray! You need to be more careful with him!" Tori scolded.