Kitty?

Episode 2
Part 9

Bow, Adora and I were eating some sweets against a wall, while Bow questions Adora, and very subtly me, about parties in the Fright Zone. "So, seriously? No parties, ever? What do you do on your birthday?"

"Huh?" Bow hands over a small pink ball of sugar to the blonde as she chows down on some cotton candy, while not understanding his question.

"No birthdays?!" He looks over at me when the blonde looks away to stare down the pink treat. I shook my head. "How is your life this sad?"

The blonde catches something out of the corner of her eyes and drops the sugary treats. She gasps and points, a blush already covering her face. The shine in her eyes getting brighter with each word. "What. Is. That?"

Bow and I look over to see a light beige horse with milk chocolate hair eating some grass before lifting his head to the sky, as if he's showing off how majestic he is. "That would be a horse."

"It's majestic."

Such a pure person.

Bow removes his arm from around my shoulder and places his hands on her sparkly cape-covered shoulders and slowly pushes her towards the animal. "You wanna go meet it?"

"What? No!" She wines as she is pushed closer. I giggled while watching. "Don't force her Bow!"

"It's fine (Yn)! Come on, Adora, it's okay. See, he likes you." He grabs her wrist and almost forces her to touch the horse's nose.

Luckily, the horse accepts the touch which sends the teen into pure awe. "This is the best day of my life."

Bow backs away to me and re-wraps his arm around me. "Bow..."

Glimmer's sudden voice made me jump in my skin, not noticing she appeared beside me while Adora was being pure. Bow patted my shoulder with a chuckle before turning to the princess. "Come on, I know you like her, too. (Yn) and I do for sure. (Yn) likes her so much that—"

I cut him off with my elbow to his exposed stomach. I felt flushed and pouted, crossing my arms across my chest as I muttered curses to the archer. He ruffled my (hc) hair, making it messier than usual as he rubbed the pain away. "See? It's obvious—"

The only male in the group was cut off (again) by rumbling, crashes, and people screaming. We all turn around to see smoke and fire coming from buildings with a sight of people running away in fear. "What's going on?"

"I don't know, but we should totally go check it out!" I yelled and moved forward, adrenaline slowly pumping into my veins. The squad followed me, Adora over taking me as we ran through the village.

We stopped to see buildings cracked and destroyed, civilians running in fright, and a Horde bot shooting lasers at buildings. Fire and smoke filled the air as trees were burnt and broken down. A Horde symbol drawn jagged on a wall. "It's the Horde!"

Nice job stating the obvious, Commander Glimmer.

I was pulled into a building as I was struck with fear, blood and adrenaline stopped frozen cold. I quickly latched onto whoever grabbed me, feeling the familiar cold armor that Bow wore. (Ha! You thought! There's too many gay moments and I wanted this to be a slow burn dammit!)

A grey skiff or a Horde ship rode by. The sound of it rumbled my heart and rung in my ears. My vision was apparent, but it wasn't focusing. It was suddenly hard to breath, either from fear or from all the smoke and dust that was around us.

"Why are they here? The people of Thaymor aren't a threat." Bow explained, wrapping a arm around me. He quickly wrapped the other too as he felt me shaking, rubbing my back to help me calm down.