Horde Soldier!!

Episode 1
Part 2

"Are you coming (Yn)?"

"I would but we are grounded and I don't want lose more time from the library."

"Come on (Yn)! Don't you want to prove my mother wrong? Show her that we are able to do a mission successfully?"

"No, you want to prove it to her. You were the one who got me in trouble! Plus, I need to work on the report so I can get back in the library!"

"But (Yn), you coming with us can help us with getting more missions, and getting more trust from the queen to let us fight against the Horde instead of just helping with supplies."

"You know Angella would not let me out for combat! I'm only smart, I'm not strong at all!" I sighed, and pinched my brow. "If I go with you guys on this stupid journey, you have to make sure I never go fight out on the fields, if Glimmer does get her recognition. We leave at the first sign of danger."

"Deal!"

"And if Angella catches us, you guys have to take full blame for it. You guys forced me out here."

"Deal. Great, now let's go girls! This tracker only has so much battery that we should hurry."

—————

The Whispering Woods were always shifting, which added to the already creepy vibe it gave off. Which also added to my regret of agreeing to this. The woods were so strange, that it cut of the WiFi connection for Bow's tracker. "Come on, come on!"

Glimmer stood with her hands on her hips, looking terribly bored, while I slouched behind her, arms crossed, grumbling about how this was a bad idea. "Ah, please. Tell me we're not lost."

"No, this thing is just acting up. Looks like it's being overloaded by the tech's signal. We must be getting close!" Bow started walking off when Glimmer turned to look behind us.

Looking back, a bright light started to shine through the bushes and trees. "Uh... Bow, I think it's that way."

She walks forward toward the light while I stood shocked. "What makes you say that?"

Bow looks over at us after shaking his tracker pad some. We both looked wide eyed as we point at the growing glow in the forest.

"Oh yeah. That'll do it." His face goes from excitement to determination. I was still at awe but I mumbled out an insult. "Idiot."

He grabs my shoulders and begins pushing me to the light. I protest lightly but I was very curious, as I've never known anything to glow in the Whispering Woods. "Bow, just let me lead the way, okay? Come on (Yn), hurry up!"

"The light came from the edge of the forest."

"Shut up, Glimmer! I'm coming!" I was ignored. Great. They forgot about my deal.

"Yes, you saw the light. It's this way." Glimmer passed through some hanging moss/vines (idk).

"The tracker pad says otherwise." Bow passes through, holding his stupid pad that's clearly not working right now.

"Ugh! Can you guys shut up already? It's hurting my ears with all this arguing." Still ignored.

"It's this way—" Glimmer was cut off by a gasp as she looked ahead, but I was stuck behind a tall Bow so I couldn't see anything just yet. Bow also gasps. There was a pause. Using it to my advantage, I sigh, "Guys what-"

"A Horde Soldier!" Glimmer yells pointing at the apparent soldier. That answers my question.

"I see her!" Bow yells,  crouching down slightly but I still can't see.