Adora is so pretty. Uhhh....

Episode 2
Part 6

"Thanks for saving us anyway. I'm Bow, by the way."

"Adora." The name alone felt so familiar to me. It brought back memories that I was forced to think of whenever I trained. I saw her before. I know I did.

""Adora." Ah. Weird name for a Horde soldier."

Adora.

Such a pretty name.

It really seems match with her.

With her bright yet soft blonde hair, and those pretty steel blue eyes that constantly take me breath away.

Her smile is so warm it lights up my whole world.

Her laugh is extremely contagious and pulls at my heart.

She's so tall and strong, putting any and all soldiers to shame.

So pretty....

I mean-uhhhh....Whatever.

By this point, I have walked out of my hiding spot (behind a sort-of-pillar) and started following the group. I stayed behind but any onlooker could still be able to tell I'm with them. Adora looked back at me, once she heard more footsteps, and gave me a small smile. I smiled back, a small blush on my face.

I looked down at my nervously locked hands, no longer wanting to make eye contact. I heard her chuckle, amused by my reaction, which only made my blush grow brighter. Luckily for me, Glimmer, and her light, was so far ahead that it would have been hard to see the red.

Suddenly the group stops and Bow questions Glimmer. "Nothing! I mean, uh... look at these carvings. I think this might be a First Ones ruin."

"What's a First One?" Adora questions. She looks between all of us for an answer.

Glimmer scoffs, "You've never heard of the First Ones?"

She walks away with the light source.

I gently grab Adora's shoulder and turn her around so I can explain some. "The First Ones are the original settlers of Etheria. They disappeared a thousand years ago, but they left behind a lot of old ruins and technology. Like this place, for example."

"So what happened to them?" She looked around with interest, her mind seemingly filled with questions.

"No one knows. They just disappeared. The Horde didn't tell you about them?" Bow answers for me, but I already knew the answer to the question. I didn't answer it, of course, but I already knew what she was going to say.

"Seems like there's a lot the Horde didn't tell me about."

—————

Walking through another door, the three of us stepped into a new room with Glimmer groaning. "Ugh. How do we get out of here?"

I looked around, trying to find some kind of exit, but it was so dark I could barely see the closest wall. Bow walked forward and grabbed Glimmer's shoulder, "It'll take forever to find a way out at this rate."

Bow sighed then gasped before turning towards Adora. "Hey, you wanna turn on some lights, Adora?"

Her face dropped to confusion. "I don't know how to do that."

"Maybe there's a magic word. Ooh, what the First One's word for "lights"?" He held out his hands, palms facing us. He looked ready to do some jazz hands or something. It made me smile and chuckle into my hand.

Unknown to me, Adora glances at me as she answered Bow. "I don't know. I'm not magic."

Glimmer rudely points out the obvious through her mutters. "Obviously."