Chapter 10~ It can't be..

Emily's POV

**around 12 minutes after she left Yolanda**

I was starting to panic. How long have I been running? How much time do I have left? How much farther is home? Am I going to make it? Who did Damion take off after?

Question after question flashed through my head. I continued at full sprint through the trees. It felt like I was going in circles. I heard a warning cry of a crow, rustling and twigs snapping, and a voice rang out in the dense forest.

"Keep running, Emily, but I'll catch you! Only seven minutes left!" after the shout, Damion let out a booming laugh. I ran faster. Knowing he had run after me, I began to weave through the trees to shake him from my trail.

I wove, twisting and turning for what felt like hours. Damion's continuous laughter tormenting me. My feet pounded against the leafy floor of the woods as I ran.

Seven minutes! He said seven minutes! I turned right sharply. But it's been at least five minutes since he said that... I need to move faster! I pivoted and bolted left, right into a tree.

The air rushed out of my lungs in an instant. I stumbled back, but remained upright. I looked back toward the tree as I gasped the lost air back. I realized it wasn't a tree, but a woman I had run into. She was on the ground, probably from our impact. She looked up and met my eyes.

"Mom?!" I asked, stunned. I helped her to her feet.

"Emily! Oh, Em you're hurt!" she was just as shocked as I was. I glanced behind her and saw ShiAnne.

"What are you two doing out here?! Oh, never mind, we have to move, now!" I shouted at them. They both just hugged me, my mom stroking my hair. I heard Damion call out again.

"Your maneuvers, so very predictable!" I squealed in fear of how close his voice was and tried to push them in the opposite direction.

"He's close! We have to run!" I screamed. They wouldn't budge. I heard the crunch of his boots as he came from behind. My mom let go with a gasp, and I turned around. He stood there, hands at his sides, a smile grin graced his lips.

"Damion...'' my mom whispered. I was too horrified to move. All I managed was a small whisper, my voice unsteady.

"ShiAnne, run." Without a moments hesitation, she bolted. I turned and watched her fade into the trees, into safety. I turned back to Damion, my heart pounding in my chest.

"Less than a minute left. Brace yourself, Emily. Arlene,'' he directed his attention to her, "nice to see you again. You're looking well, but you aren't getting away this time. Oh, what a beautiful day! I caught my Emily before she could get too far, AND one that had slipped from my grasp. A beautiful day indeed. So, have you come to avenge your poor sister?''

"Carson..." she whispered. She turned, and ran. She wasn't even fie feet away before he was in front of her. Before I could even blink. She jumped back with a gasp.

"Ah, ah, ah. You're not getting away that easily. After all, I a-"

I cut him off, sinking to my knees and screaming in agony. A fire bloomed in my chest and leg. My body convulsed and I vomited, not being able to handle the pain. What felt like years later, I stopped screaming and clutched my chest. My mom placed a gentle hand on my shoulder.

"It's okay. I'm gonna get you some help." she said soothingly. Damion shook his head.

"Yolanda can help her. You both are coming back home. Now." he reached out to pick me up.

"No! you keep your hands off my daughter!" my mom snapped. She stood over me protectively. Damion looked shocked, then a small smile lit up his face.

"I cant believe I didn't see this sooner. You two look so much alike. Derrick brought me Arlene's daughter! And now? I have you both." he said. I grimaced, took a deep, painful breath, and tried to speak.

"No," I choked out, "leave my mom alone. You caught me and I'll go back willingly, but you have to let her go." Each breath I took sent another wave of pain through my body. I winced.

"You're already going back willingly, seeing how you can hardly move. Alas, your request is denied, you both are going home with me." with that, he struck my mother and she dropped to the ground, unconscious. He began to whisper to himself. Out of nowhere came a man who picked up my mom and carried her off in the direction Damion had come.

"No!" I squealed, "You cant do this!" Ignoring me, he picked me up, bridal style. I cried out at the new pain surging through me.

"It's alright now, you're going home where Yolanda can help you. Rest now my love." he whispered.

"Why? Why are you doing this?" I choked out.

"You'll know soon enough. Don't worry, we'll be home soon." he said soothingly.

Home? That's not a home... It's a prison. I thought I was going to make it. At least ShiAnne made it away safely. Seth did too. I should be happy for them..

My pain kept me from sleep and we arrived at the mansion around fifteen minutes later. I was carried through hall after hall, until I was gently placed on the cot in the dungeon I had found Seth in that first day. My mom was chained to the wall next to me, still unconscious.

"This is just a precaution," Damion said, clipping a cuff attached to the wall around my ankle, "can't have Yolanda helping you escape again." The chain's length was fair, I had easy access to every inch of the dungeon. To my disgust, he leaned down, kissed my cheek, and left.

I stood up, wincing at the sudden pain, then blocked it out. I walked to where my chain was hooked to the wall. It was beneath the window Derrick had took me from. I gasped, but my hopes were crushed when I saw the bars covering the opening.

"You thought of everything...now what am I supposed to do?" I whispered to myself. I leaned against the cool bars, soaking in the evening light. I closed my eyes.

The door opened a few minutes later and I immediately went alert. There was a squeal, the sound of someone falling to the floor, and the door slammed shut again. I heard a whimper that slowly turned into a cry. I crept over to the hall where the door was.

"What is this place?" the girl on the floor sniffled. Her back was to me. I moved closer. The chain clinked on the floor and she turned, looking up at me. My world shattered before my eyes.

***************************************************************

Chapter 10! Sorry it took so long hahahahahha. Im so behind.. Anyways there you go! Enjoy!

Vote

Comment

Fan