Chapter 6~ Seth and Damion

Emily's POV

"Emily, Emily! Wake up!"

I whimpered and slowly opened my eyes. "Seth!" I couldn't believe what I saw.

"Yes, Em. I'm here, its okay."

"What... What happened?" I sat up. I was in a dark corner of the huge room. I scooted back and leaned against the wall behind me. Seth sat in front of me and leaned forward.

"He tried to kill you." he said, pointing. I followed his finger. Derrick lay face down beneath the window. An orange-red glow seeped through it, signifying sunset. I turned back to Seth.

"H-how did you..?" I asked, dumbfounded.

"He's just a low-life demon."

"But he's- wait how do you know that?"

"I could sense it."

"But-"

"Emily look at me." He put his hands on my shoulders. I looked into his swirling eyes. They shifted from his usual crystalline blue to deep crimson. There was more black in his hair. His lips twitched, but he hesitated before finally smiling at me. His teeth were long and sharp. I gasped.

"You, you get away from me!" I pushed him away and jumped up. I was immediately dizzy and began to sway. He jumped up and caught me before I fell.

"Emily calm down! You need to relax. You hit your head pretty hard."

"No! Don't touch me! You're a monster!" I struggled in his grip. He picked me up and walked toward the cot. He leaned down and gently laid me on it. Then he sighed.

"Em, I didn't choose this.."

"I.. I'm sorry, you're right. It's all my fault." I sat up and put my face in my hands. Seth sat on the cot next to me.

"No, Em, this isn't your fault." He placed his hand on my shoulder I lifted my head and caught his gaze. "This doesn't change anything, either." he whispered.

"What do you mean?''

"This." Before I could react, he pressed his lips to mine. My worries and fears melted away as he pulled me closer. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back.

Um hello?! You're making out with a vampire! Stop! Get away! Run!

I pulled away, but stayed in his embrace. He started running his fingers through my hair.

"Seth?" I asked, leaning into him.

"Yeah?"

"Why us?"

"I don't know." he whispered. I left it at that. We sat there, holding each other in silence.

I watched the last rays of sunlight disappear. Darkness filled the room. I held onto Seth tighter. He whispered to me soothingly and I relaxed my grip. Suddenly a light flicked on.

Seth was on his feet before I could blink. There was the sound of a door opening and footsteps coming toward us. I tensed and Seth stood in front of me protectively.

"Oh, the boy awakes." Damion said, coming out of the hallway. Seth immediately sank to his knee head bowed.

"Sir." he said, fury laced his voice. I cocked my eyebrow.

"Get up. I want to see how you're turning out." Seth stood up and stood in front of me again. I could feel agitation radiating off of him. He clenched his fists. Damion started circling around Seth, looking him up and down. "Ah, yes. You're coming along quite nicely. That angry, yet, determined look in your eyes, yes, it goes perfectly with your attitude. You're going to have a lot of power and strength."

Damion stopped and turned to me. "Emily, how are you feeling?" He looked at me sympathetically. I looked away and kept my mouth shut. He reached down and turned my head so that I looked him in the eye. "Look at me when I'm talking to you, my love." he said fiercely. I slapped his hand away.

"Don't touch me." I hissed. He gripped my shoulders and jerked me upright with a growl. I squealed in fear. He opened his mouth and I squeezed my eyes shut, fearing the worst.

"Get your hands off of her!" I opened my eyes and Seth was at my side. He pushed Damion's arms off my shoulders and stood between us. Damion chuckled.

"You think you can take me on? I'd like to see you try." he said, smiling. Seth stepped forward with a growl.

"Seth don't!" I whispered pleadingly. I grabbed his arm, but he shook me off. He hissed at Damion, accepting the challenge.Damion lunged at Seth. I jumped out of the way as Seth was slammed into the wall behind him. Seth snarled.

Don't just stand there! Do something! Damion hit the floor, but was up as fast as he went down. Hurry! Before Seth gets hurt!

"Stop!" I screamed. They didn't hear me. It was like they were in their own world. They threw each other into walls and onto the floor. Damion went for Seth's throat.

Oh no! Move! Help Seth! I jumped between them and put a determined look on my face. Damion gave me an annoyed expression. I sneered.

"Move, Emily. I'll finish the boy and then tend to you." he said.

"No." I crossed my arms. He hissed and struck me, sending me onto the floor. Seth roared and attacked him. I sat up and rubbed my cheek.

Their battle raged on. I got up and moved toward the window. Seth pinned Damion against the wall, snarling. Damion roared and kicked him square in the chest. He stumbled back then regained his balance.

How can you just stand there and watch?! Seth needs your he- A hand clapped over my mouth, knocking me out of my thoughts. I was pulled back and I squealed.

"If you make another sound, I'll kill you in front of your little boyfriend." Derrick hissed. I then realized he hadn't been on the floor when I moved toward the window. He dragged me to the window and opened it.

Oh God! Seth please turn around! Please! Derrick crawled out of the window, keeping his hand over my mouth as if it were the easiest thing in the world. Seth please! Look over here! Seth threw Damion into the hall and followed after him. My face fell.

I was pulled out of the window, now out of sight of the vampires. I struggled in Derricks grip as tears fell down cheeks. He put a knife to my neck. I froze.

"Smart girl." he whispered. He chuckled, pulled me through the trees, and into the night.

*************************************************************

Ah ha! Chapter 6, complete. I can't decide who I like better anymore! Damion or Seth!? lolz anyway, there you go. Enjoy >:D

Vote

Comment

Fan