Chapter 3

Explosions

BOOM

It was the sound of an exploding car, against a tree as Estelle blocked the way. She smiled viciously as she approached the burning car wreck, her heels clicking on the asphalt. She swayed her hips and stood with arms crossed, staring at the flames.

“Pity I killed my meal”, she said sweetly.

“Well that’s your loss”, a male voice replied. Estelle turned her head to the side and smirked when she saw the man she had met at the bar the previous day. He approached her steadily, with his fists balled next to his body.

“I was hoping to see you”, Estella spoke. If he was truly a vampire as she suspected, he would hear the explosion and seek her out. What vampire did not love a little action? Besides, he seemed like the type.

“Me? Why me? I’m just a random dude, who happens to love hiking in the middle of the night.” Estella raised an eyebrow at him. “Okay so maybe you’re little plan worked. Who are you anyway?”, Damon said stepping closer until mere inches were left. He eyed her suspiciously as Estella started trailing in circles around him, touching his arms in a seducing manner. He did not move but let her finish the soft caressing that he enjoyed a little too much for his liking.

“I’m Estella”, she said lingering her index finger on her chest and making circles. “But you can call me Ella.” Her girly smile pleased the man enough to tell her his name.

“Damon…Damon Salva-”, Damon started but was cut off when Estella’s hand gripped his throat and within a second, she had pinned him up against a tree, using her vampire speed. Damon choked and stared at her wide-eyed, clearly not expecting any violence.

“Tell me where Katerina Petrova is”, Estella threatened and put more pressure on his throat. He was younger than her by almost 350 years and therefore could never beat her. Despite his inferior position, Damon laughed. Cocky little bastard.

“Where is my mother!”, Estella yelled furiously. She was pretty sure the amount of oxygen Damon was supplied equaled none and wondered how he was even capable of laughing at the moment. In confusion, she released him and let him catch his breath. He bent forward and put his hands on his knees, panting and gasping for air. Estella was not satisfied and kicked his stomach.

“Tell me!”, she yelled again and pulled his head back by his hair. Damon’s head was tilted backwards as he looked at her from the corner of his eyes. She glared at him and urged him to speak by yanking his head back even more.

“I don’t know”, Damon breathed. “I don’t know where she is.”

Estella angrily threw him onto the ground and started pacing around. If Damon was speaking the truth and did not know where her mother was, who else would know? She could try and find Stefan, but she also knew Stefan’s reputation as the ripper and admitted to dreading an encounter with him. Stefan was a skilled murderer and although Estella had killed many people already, she could never equal Stefan Salvatore and his famous slaughters.

Damon was useless, even if he did know where she was, he would not tell her. When Estella looked back to the spot she had dumped Damon, he was already gone. She turned to the flames again and stared for what seemed like hours, replaying every city she had visited in her head; every conversation regarding Katerina she ever had. She would find her mother, even if it was the last thing she would ever do.