Chapter 25/ Secrets, tears and anger

Leah's POV

I'm peacefully sitting down outside when Jaxon calls my name. I huff and get up, can't he just come here. My laziness is always getting the best of me but can you blame a girl. No.

"Yes?" I smile sweetly at him and I bat my eyelashes to give a little dramatic effect. "Look! Your grandma made brownies!" He says looking at them in awe, I silently laugh to myself you don't really expect a Mafia leader to be so drawn over brownies.

He takes a bite out of one and shoves one to my face, I eat it and stuff my face with more. Why is this so addicting, did she drug it.

"Grandma! Come here love!" I yell and she comes downstairs into the kitchen wearing sun glasses.

"Jaxon what did you do to my granddaughter? Why is she built like that?" My mouth drops when she insults me.

"She was always built like this." He replies stuffing his face with more brownies, I pout.

He's supposed to support me, we love the affection he's surely displaying right now.

"Her cheeks are chubby." She continues, "My cheeks are pretty cute, grandma i'm starting to think you're obsessed with me now."

"Obsessed with that? Puh-lease, I looked way better when I was your age." She states and I glare at her.

"Too bad your saggy now huh?" I reply back, this is it ladies and gentlemen. The relationship with the girl that raised me and that I've lived with all my life.

"Leah dear, I'll sit on you." She says, Jaxon snickers and I mouth 'help' he decides that he wants to get his ass beat with a wooden spoon later because he joins her and starts laughing at me.

I feel so attacked right now. They're looking at me as if I'm going to start laughing with them too.

"You guys are annoying." Really Leah, that's your comeback.

I walk away flipping my hair not before telling Jaxon he's going to be sleeping outside tonight.

I sit on the couch outside, when I feel it dip.

Thinking there was someone there, there was no one.

Oh my gosh, I am getting fat.

I mean you did eat 2 boxes of oreos in a period of 1 hour and a half. My inner subconscious says.

I mean it was worth it not gonna lie.

"Leah." I hear my grandma call out, I sit up and look to my right, shes standing at the door.

"Yes?"

"Can I talk to you for a minute please."

"Yes of course!" I scoot and make some space for her to sit when I notice shes holding an envelope. I look at her confused. She sighs and hands me it.

"There's something I need to tell you, but promise me you won't be upset." She says, "Grandma what's wrong? Why are you acting like that? You know I would never be mad at you."

She looks at me sadly, "Oh honey, you will be once you find out the truth. I shouldn't have kept this from you for so long but they told me to wait until you were older." She says, "Grandma who's they? What are you talking about?" I say starting to get nervous. Something tells me this conversation isn't going to be cute.

"Your parents." " Your parents honey, they told me to wait."

My whole body freezes, my mind is blank and it feels like someone just ran me over.

"I- But- But my parents aren't alive. How is that even possible?" I stutter trying to comprehend what's happening.

"Exactly why you need to read this letter." She says, I look down at the envelope and I open it.

She stares at me while I scan my eyes over the multiple phrases in front of me.

" Dear our precious daughter Leah, we know you're probably confused right now. You're probably wondering how we're even alive. Well you see honey, me and your father were never dead. We are quite alive actually. We just couldn't see you, we didn't wanna endanger your life. Your father and I were young when we had you, I was nineteen and he was just twenty-two. At the time your father was running up a gang, a mafia. I was too scared to even think about you getting born and having to deal with all of this mess. So I left you with your grandmother. Leah, we're running away, far away. Your father's work is dangerous, we have enemies that would do anything to kill us and have us dead. We do love you! So please don't think we were wanting to willingly leave you. We promised ourselves that once you become older, we would come visit. We would clear everything up in person and hope for you to forgive us. We love you, so long and see you soon baby."

Heart been broke so many times I don't know what to believe, mama said it's my fault, it's my fault-

Okay time for the waterworks, my eyes tear up but then I remember I'm a Bad bitch and I dont need parents, but then I also do want parents and I'm Heartbroken to know that they left me.

You get me?

My dad is in a gang, they left me with my grandma. I'm numb, tears streaming down my face. You ever feel so alone even though there's people around you that love you? You feel as if no one is actually there and no one would understand you. Feeling like you would annoy the ones around you if you spoke about your problems. I'm hurt yeah, but I'm also confused and trying to comprehend what I've read.

They said they loved me, if you love someone you wouldn't leave them. You would protect them while being there for them emotionally and physically. There's no excuse to ever leave your child behind, your own blood. They're alive. They're not even dead. It's like I've been living a lie.

"Honey, I'm so sorry." My grandma says hugging me, I hug her back. I try to contain the sobs coming from me. "Grandma, why did you hide this from me?" "Honey, I couldn't tell you, I promised I wouldn't. I wish I could have, It was hard for me too."

Growing up my Grandma would tell me stories about them, about my parents. "Want me to go call Jaxon?" She asks and I nod my head repeatedly, he's the only one who can calm me down right now. Looking at my grandma would just remind me of the fact that she kept that away from me my whole life.

Jaxon comes in confused, his eyes widen when he sees the state I'm in. "Leah! What's wrong?" He asks worriedly. I jump into his arms, engulfing him into a hug. His arms wrap around me securely. My breath starts getting even and I calm down a little.

"Look," my voice breaks, handing him the letter. He takes it with one hand and keep his arm around me reading the letter.

A minute passes and he looks down at me suddenly livid, he looks like he's going to explode any minute now.

"Is your Dad called Isaiah Summers by any chance?"

...........

Hey guys I updated as promised!!! :) I'll be updating almost everyday! I hope everyone's safe and healthy.

I've been honestly stress free and just vibing, but this do be how I look like half the time😳🖐🏻

Questions of the day:

How old are you guys?!

Where you guys from?!

Did you like this chapter and what do you think about the end?!

Btw it would mean the world if you guys checked out my new story, voted and commented on it! 🥺 It's for a contest and I'm really trying to win it!!

I love you all so much!!

-ZeiBabe❤️