Chapter 1

I KNOW IT'S SHIT, AND I HAVEN'T EVEN EDITED IT YET... BUT HERE YA GO!!! 

Art by me <3

In the beginning, when Sensei Wu had found Cole, he knew he was in for a wild ride. He felt alone in his old life. Sure, his father was loving and always treated him with respect and kindness, but Cole knew he never really belonged around his home. He gratefully accepted Wu's offer of wisdom and guidance, hoping to find something, anything that would give his life true meaning. 

He was curious, for sure. Cole loved the physical and intellectual training he received from this mysterious old mentor. Yes, he was indeed on his way to becoming a "true ninja" Sensei told him. 

It wasn't until about a month later, that his whole world would change for good. The day he met Zane.

Cole was lounging outside, sketching random things around him when Sensei Wu had strolled into the monastery, back from one of his trips. Cole heard the old man speaking, as if someone was tagging along. Cole looked up from his sketches to see two figures walking towards him.

He was tall, that was for damn sure. His pale, thin frame smoothly drifted alongside Sensei with large strides. His short, platinum blond hair slightly blowing in the wind. Cole stared at the boy, instantly noticing his piercing icy blue eyes.

It was then Sensei spoke, his face expressing great joy and pride. "Cole, I would like you to meet Zane. He will be staying with us here at the monastery."

Cole forced his eyes away from the blond boy's and turned to Sensei. "O-Oh," Cole then stood up and held out his hand to the blond. "Well, welcome Zane. Nice to meet ya!"

At that, Zane gave a faint smile, and shook Cole's hand. "It is nice to meet you as well, Cole."

From that point on, it remained just Zane and Cole for about a year. They became incredibly close, as one would expect since they were only two teenagers on a secluded mountain monastery. It was always just the two of them, no matter who else they met and later befriended, they always had that same unique bond.

~~~~~~~PRESENT DAY~~~~~~~

Cole's P.O.V.

"Awe come on!" Jay screamed at the TV. I watched as Kai strut around the room, dodging the video game controller Jay threw in defeat. I laughed at the sight. Kai finally beat the Master of Lightning in their favorite video game, a great feat indeed, seeing as Kai tended to struggle when fighting him. I looked back down at my sketch book and continued to draw.

It was a bit of a kick back and relax sort of day. Kai, Jay, Zane, and I had been hanging out and playing games for the majority of the day, Nya had been working on the ship, no doubt adding new improvements, and Lloyd and Sensei had left the Bounty to go and pick up some stuff from Ninjago City. This deemed it the perfect time to hold a little video game tournament. 

"You know Kai, as impressive as that was, you do realize you have to play Zane next, right?" I said, my head fixed on the page I was drawing on. 

Kai stopped in his tracks, and stared at the Ice Ninja in question, who was currently sitting on the couch next to Cole. "Oh no! That's not fair!!!" He cried. "Zane literally obliterates everyone! Cole, you play me instead."