Chapter 6

(It's really late, but here's a quick lil Lloyd Drawing for Pride Month! Not my best work, but the world needs more Asexual representation, so hope u like it 🖤🤍💜)

Also, YAY I'M BACK! I you didn't know, I had surgery a little while ago, and it went well. I'm all recovered :) So that's where I've been, hope you enjoy this new chapter. <3

 (Cole's P.O.V.)

As we walked into the large building, we were immediately swarmed by people. I was not prepared for it at all.

There were at least six reporters in sight, all impatiently pushing their way to the most important people in the venue. We all knew the drill, however: keep our heads down, and try not to say too much. That way, we'd hopefully be able to shake some off due to the failure of pressing the team.

And so we continued, splitting off into different groups. We usually did this at the rare occurrences us ninja show ourselves to the public eye. Covered more ground I suppose. Just as Nya warned, Kai headed straight to the waiters, each carrying trays of fancy looking food. Jay followed close behind the Red Ninja while Nya, Zane, and Sensei Wu seemed to be all caught up in conversations with some of the other guests there. 

I turned to Lloyd, who stayed close to me as we walked in. He was looking around, clearly nervous as he fiddled with the collar of his suit. I tilted my head, worried about the kid. 

Sometimes I forget just how young he is. Yes, he'd technically gotten older, but he was still considerably less experienced with big events like the rest of us. We were used to the limelight, but he wasn't. Not to mention being the Green Ninja put extra pressure on the blond. Plus, I could tell he didn't do very well in crowds. The kid seemed to have some real anxiety issues when it came to stuff like this, so I felt for him knowing how shitty being all anxious felt.

"Hey," I said quietly, nudging Lloyd. "You good, Squirt?"

Lloyd let go of his collar, rolling his eyes and smiling at the nickname. "Y-yeah, I'll be okay. Can I chill with you though? I don't like facing people alone."

I laughed, bringing the smaller boy into a brief side-hug. "No problem, Green Bean! Wanna walk around and find some of the others? I'll even fight anyone who bothers you."

Lloyd chuckled softly at my response, "Yay, my own body guard! Just what I've always wanted!"

With that, Lloyd and I stuck with each other, eventually catching Kai flirting with one of the waiters. It was a gamble to tell if Kai was actually interested or if he was trying to coax them into giving him more snacks. No, never mind... It was definitely for the snacks.

"Hey Kai!" Lloyd said as we passed the poor waiter and the fire elemental.

Kai stopped immediately, turning to me and the blond. "Sup guys!" 

I shot a glance at the waiter, pulling some cash out of my wallet, slipping them the bills. "For you're trouble." I said quietly without Kai or Lloyd really noticing.

They smiled at this, nodding as Lloyd and I moved on. We casually mingled with other people when we absolutely had to, but other than that, we kept to ourselves. Lloyd was nice to hang around with. He was calm and sweet, which is a nice break after dealing with the public every twenty minutes.

We'd found our way to the center of the room, and spotted Sensei and Nya talking to someone. He was a short, older man, who seemed to be very glad to see his guests. He wore a grey suit and glasses as well, silver hair neatly combed in a clean manner.