Chapter 5

(Zane's P.O.V.)

After Cole decided on the apparel that he would wear, we decided to change. I let him take the bathroom to do so, while I quickly changed where I stood. I had put on everything and I was just about to situate my tie, when I heard banging from outside of the room.

The second I opened the door and stepped out, I heard loud groaning and whining from a certain red ninja. I smiled at the sight of Jay and Lloyd dragging Kai into the room, each of them had a death grip on one of his legs. I gladly slipped out of the way, holding the door to bring the man-child in.

"I take it Kai is not particularly excited for this?" I said in a questioning tone, looking down at the boy in question.

Kai rolled his eyes. "Why do we have to go? I hate these stupid events! All we do is show up and we're immediately treated like trophies! Plus, this is just some publicity stunt for the mayor and the candidates for the election in a couple of weeks. Why do we have to be there?"

"Because," A voice came from the bathroom doorway. I turned to look at Cole, who had finished getting ready. His Black suit fit perfectly, accentuating his muscles in all the right places. I stared for a moment. I couldn't get over just how pleasing he was to look at. It was then I forgot that he was talking to the annoyed Kai. "The mayor asked us to come. Besides, it's a big charity event, so I don't think it will be too long. I agree with you though, man. I don't like these public things, but it's just a couple of hours of smiling an waving, and then we'll be done."

I watched him walk fully into the room as Jay helped Kai up. It was then Cole caught me staring. He smirked. I felt my circuits glitch. What was that?

Cole walked up to me, grabbing my undone tie from around my neck, he then preceded to tie it for me. 

I watched his fingers twist around the light blue piece of fabric, then move up to my collar it so it looked alright. I placed my hand on his arm to get his attention. "I could have done that myself, you know." I decided to point out, smiling.

Cole shrugged, eyes trained to the tie. "I know." 

"Ah-HEM..."

We both froze in our spots, eyes wide. I had almost completely forgotten the others were in the room, and it had seemed Cole did as well. We slowly turned our heads to the other three, Cole still gripping my collar. 

To say that the red, blue, and green ninja were shocked would be an understatement. Jay cleared his throat again, "Um... " was all he could say as he dramatically gestured to us.

I tilted my head in confusion, and then looked back at Cole, whose face was flushed red. He looked at me, his arms were still around my neck, tightening his grip on my collar.

"What?"

"Shut up."

We said at the same time, Cole muttering the latter to Jay, as I stood confused. This was normal, wasn't it? Cole loved to hang on me. He did it almost daily, always has. Was that the problem? 

I didn't mind of course. As I always said, I actually enjoyed it when Cole would do so. It meant he was relaxed, and comfortable. Plus, I thought it was a quite cute habit. 

Cole let go of me, and looked at the floor. 

"D-do you guys want to tell us something?" Lloyd decided to say.