Chapter 6.5

Cole's P.O.V. (AN... I'm aware I usually alternate, and it should be Zane's P.O.V. next, but I formatted the story wrong due to the fact that I wanted to add a few things (basically, I done goofed). I will fix this either later this week or in the editing process, but I've taken over a month to write theisso I want to post it bc I WORKED HARD OKAY!?!?! Enjoy my lovelies <3)

After that confusing experience with Mr. Malum, Zane and I turned back to my father, who had struck up a conversation with one of his friends who had just returned from their breaks.

"Let's just try to ignore that red flag of a man for now, and try to relax, alright? It's just rich guys being shady about politics, nothing we have to punch through." I said to the blond as I went to get my dad's attention. 

I saw Zane nod slowly in the corner of my eye, noting the hesitance of it. Luckily though, that look was short lived as Lou smiled back at us. 

"Ah, boys! We are just about go on in a few. This dance hall seems to be filling up, so hopefully our repertoire will suffice!" He says happily.

I rolled my eyes, "Dad, I'm sure it's great." 

I knew his standard repertoire like the back of my hand, and I really... really wish I didn't. I looked at Zane with a smile, silently conveying my pain to the nindroid.

"Anyway, we'll be sure to listen in from the sidelines as we go, but we really should find the others, right Zane?" I continued, hopefully getting the message across.

"Oh, yes. Of course, Cole!" Zane added with an awkward smile.

It was then we heard a loud voice from behind us, "No need you two! We found you!!!" 

Nya, you're wonderful, but I swear to all that is holy I could kill you right now. I thought, immediately recognizing the female voice from behind us.

And true enough, the rest of the team had found us, effectively trapping me in the inevitable: An actual human conversation with my father.

"Zane, freeze me now." I mutter to the Master of Ice.

He looked at me confused. "I do not see how that would solve anything."

I facepalmed in misery.

~Le Short Time Skip~

 The group eagerly talked with Lou and the rest of the group as I stood a bit away. Alphonso, Caesar, and Brendan, who I had known since I was a kid happily chatted with all of the ninja. I was already stressed tonight, and now the universe decided to give me the middle finger, which stressed me out even more. 

I listened in, and immediately noticed that the band was talking to the others about their musical escapades after we last saw them. Alphonso spoke animatedly, Caesar holding his hand, listening fondly. They had gotten married when I was 4 years old, and had essentially become my uncles. Brendan and his wife, Madelyn, had been married for a little longer, but all the same, they were never not in my life. 

 I said nothing, knowing if I did, something stupid would happen to me. I looked up at my dad in fear as he mentioned me.

"Oh yes! We have a lot of great songs that we'll be preforming tonight," He turned to me smiling. "Even a number from Waitress, one of you're favorites, son!"

Fuck you, Dad. I wanted to say so badly, but choosing not to. Fuck you for knowing me well enough to be right about that.

The Red and Blue ninja were the first to break out laughing. Everyone else wearing wide smiles pointing at me.