chapter 7 ~ typical white girl?

If you like my story please vote for it. It will only take you a second but it would mean a lot to me!

***

Two weeks had gone by since our dinner after my cover shoot.

The fake date rumors were slowly starting to die down again because Nathan and I were still going out regularly.

While the whole dating thing had felt weird in the beginning, it now felt more like a normal acting job.

We would go somewhere together, would smile, I would casually grab his arm or we would just hold hands.

Even though we hadn't officially announced it yet, everyone was just assuming we were dating.

Still, Nathan and I weren't friends. Our relationship hadn't really gotten better since our first dates and it would probably stay like that forever.

That was why I still didn't look forward to the dates and could barely get myself out of bed in the mornings, just like today.

Alexa wanted us to go to a big flea market so that a lot of people would see us together today.

For dates in public places she had quite recently decided to hire a bodyguard that would ensure that no one would come too near to us.

Since they had started talking about the twitter incident and us dating, people had started to be more interested in the two of us and we were always causing a stir when seen in public.

But what Alexa didn't know was that I had totally figured her real plan out by now.

The bodyguard was mainly there to make sure that we were actually doing what she wanted us to do.

If she could she would probably even attend our dates, but thank god that wasn't possible.

I put on my blue jeans, along with a white blouse and my white converse before running my fingers through my hair for the last time.

A look in my mirror showed that they still looked as messy as earlier today and so I grabbed a light brown hat that was hanging on my bed post.

Alexa had already sent me the instructions for today and they only made me want to stay in bed even more. But I had to get through this and I would get through this. There were only another five and a half months left.

Nathan would be here any minute and so I grabbed my favorite sunglasses and a black bag before leaving my apartment to walk down to the parking lot.

After fake dating for about two weeks I didn't have any difficulties with finding his car anymore and so I immediately went over to it when I saw it standing in the lot.

It kind of surprised me but he was always on time.

"Why does your car smell like coffee?" I asked when I sat down on the passenger seat.

"I remembered you telling me about how you like your coffee and so I got us some." He answered while pulling out of the parking lot.

"How come you're so nice today?" I asked, honestly surprised.

"Well, let's just say I had a pretty good night." He replied, with a grin on his face.

It took me a few seconds, but then I understood what he was referring to.

"Gross!" I exclaimed. "I told you to never talk about your flings in my presence."

"You asked for it."

"No." I said, defending myself. "If I'd known that, I wouldn't have asked."

He just laughed at me and so I grabbed my coffee to raise my spirits again.