Chapter Seventeen

Kili's P.O.V.

Many moons passed before the riders of Easthaven appeared on our doorstep ready to repair the town of Dale so they could have their Queen back.

"Have you talked to Vamorys yet?" I asked my brother. "We have been here for almost a week and your window is quickly closing." He wore a mask of sadness over his usually happy face. "She is a Queen. She deserves better than me." Fili said as he looked over at the rebuilding of Dale.

I grabbed his shoulders and turned him towards me. "You are a Prince of Durin, Fili. Stop being such a chicken and just go tell her how you feel. You never know. She may have the same feelings for you." He wiped some snot from his nose before asking, "Do you know where she is?" I gave him a face of disgust before saying, "You might want to change clothes first. After all, she is a Queen."

~~~

Salaera's P.O.V.

I wandered all of Erebor in search of my sweet Zestari. It seemed like she had disappeared before I found her in the medic room with Balin. "Zes." I called out. "Would you like to go for a walk with me? It is a beautiful day." She wiped grime off of her hands on a nearby cloth and said, "I would love to."

We walked out of the kingdom and to a nearby creek. We both sat there in silence for a long while listening to the natural music that the world was making around us. "Zestari." I said, turning towards her and taking her hands in mine. "We have known each other for hundreds of moons. Ever since we were little children, and I know that our worlds don't really mix, but I love you and that is all that matters." I pulled out the ring and looked into her shimmering grey eyes. "Zestari. I would love to marry you and always be there for you if you would have me." Tears ran down her cheeks as she took in all that I had just said. "Salaera... I can't believe that we both planned on doing this on the same day." She pulled out a silver ring set with stones of fire. "I will marry you if you will marry me." She said, wiping the tears from her eyes.

I looked at her and smiled before I reached around and pulled her face to mine, placing a long overdue kiss on her soft lips. "Yes. I will marry you." I said, breaking off the kiss.

~~~

Vamory's P.O.V.

"Thank you for what you did Thorin. And thank you for keeping it a secret from everyone else. Getting rid of Mahina never would have worked if everyone knew." I said to him. He was dressed in kingly armor with a crown atop his head. "The restoration of Dale is almost over. When it is, we will be out of your hair." I went to leave the throne room, but before I could Thorin reached out and grabbed my hand. "Thank you for everything. We never would have been able to do this without you. You are welcome back here whenever you want. Just give us a little heads up so we don't shoot your dragon out of the sky." He said with a chuckle. I gave him a genuine smile and a small nod of my head before leaving the throne room.

I started making my way to Dynir when I ran into Kili. "How is your leg doing? You look much better." I asked him. He looked up at me and said, "It is much better. Thank you by the way. I don't quite remember if I thanked you that day." I smiled and said, "There's no reason to thank me. I was doing my job to protect this company." I turned to leave when Kili called out again. "Did Fili find you? He was looking for you earlier." I shook my head and said, "No he did not. I will go try and find him now. Thank you."