Chapter Eight

Vamorys' P.O.V.

We were led to our old rooms by some of the servants that Elrond had. "Wait here." The old lady instructed. "Lord Elrond will be with you shortly." I waited for what seemed to be an eternity before I heard a soft, yet familiar, knock on the door. The door opened and Elrond walked in with a large wooden box in his hands. He set it down on my table and walked over to me.

"We've missed you Vamorys." Elrond said, hugging me. The embrace was warm and much needed. I hugged him back and said, "I've missed you too." He pulled away and then said, "I gave something to your sisters to help them along this journey, I will do the same to you." He stood and walked to the wooden box. "That isn't necessary." I said. "Yes it is." Elrond said, taking out a large blue stone from the box.

"It's name is Dynir. We found him in a snowy cave in some mountains to the far North. He is a Ridgewing, the only type of dragon that Fire Drakes are scared of. He will help you along your quest." Elrond said.

I took the egg out of his hands and then lifted it up to the light. I saw the little dragon all curled up. I looked up to see that Elrond had disappeared. I nestled the egg within my arms and smiled before standing and returning to the company.

When I got back, Aeremys was showing off her baby Pegasus and it looked like Salaera was sitting in a corner playing with a baby Basilisk. I went back to my corner and found Fili still sitting there. Waiting.

"Are you still Vamorys?" He asked, only half joking. I looked at him and nodded. "Well that's good. So what did Lord Elrond give you?" He asked. I handed him the egg. "How is a large stone going to help you?" He asked. I let out a small laugh before saying, "It isn't a stone, it is a Ridgewing egg. It is said that this dragon is the only other thing that a Fire Drake is scared of other than a Black Arrow."

He looked at the egg with amazement and hope. "When will it hatch?" he asked. "I don't know. I'm guessing sometime soon." I said with a shrug of my shoulders. He handed the egg back to me. I nestled it back into my arms, protecting it with every fiber of my body and soul.

"We are leaving now." Thorin said, marching into the dining room with his things. Everyone gathered their things and followed Thorin to the mountains protecting Rivendell. It started to storm on the way up into the mountains. Rocks kept falling at our feet, and that was when a searing pain swept through my body. I fell down to the ledge, gripping my head. "What's wrong?" Fili asked, stopping in his tracks and bending down to check on me, placing a hand on my back. "The darkness. It's...it's trying to take control again." I said, trying to fight it for as long as I could. "What do you need me to do?" He asked. "Get everyone away from me, keep my sisters safe until I am back." I said in agony.

~~~

Mahina's P.O.V.

I stood up and walked back down the mountain, finding Nyala where we planned that I would meet her. On the way back to Azog, we steered clear of Rivendell, making sure that we wouldn't get caught.

We made our way to the other side of the mountain, looking for the rest of the orcs. Nyala lifted her nose to the sky and sniffed around for their scent. She ran farther up the mountain and came to a pack of Wargs along with the orc. I spotted Azog and went over to him.

"What took you so long?" He asked. "The wizard led us into Rivendell, where I lost contact with our master. It was only until the dwarf scum led us up into the mountain that I regained my connection." I said.

Azog looked at my bag and then at me. I took the egg out of the bag and showed it to all of the orcs saying, "When it hatches, we will train it to be one of us! Those dwarf scum will never see it coming." A smile crept its way onto my face as all of the orcs cheered. I put the egg back and hopped onto Nyala's back.