Chapter Five

Kili's P.O.V.

We rode ahead of Vamorys on the way back to the inn. "What are you thinking about, you've been quiet this whole time." I asked Fili, steering the pony around a large stump in the road. Fili looked over at me and then said, "Nothing." I laughed before saying, "You liar, you like her don't you!" Fili just smiled and said, "So what if I do. It's not like this little crush will go any further than this right here. I'm a Prince of Durin and she's... normal." The rest of the way back we sat in silence.

~~~

Thorin's P.O.V.

Fili and Kili walked into the room, right before supper time. "Where were you?" I asked, not taking my eyes off of them. "We followed Vamorys out to their old home." Kili said.

Fili walked over to his bed and sat down. I was about to ask where she was when I heard footsteps from outside of the door. I turned my head and there she was.

"Where have you been?" I asked with a little more snootiness than I intended. She stopped where she was and looked at me, then with defensiveness in her voice, she said, "I don't think that is any of your business. I am very capable of doing things myself." She continued to her bed and set all of her stuff down.

"Ya' know, Thorin this girl has been through a lot. Cut her some slack." Balin said. "We've been through a lot. Do you see Smaug cutting us any slack?!" I said.

~~~

Vamorys' P.O.V.

I set my stuff down and then laid down on my bed. I closed my eyes when I heard Balin tell Thorin, " Ya' know, Thorin this girl has been through a lot. Cut her some slack." Just by hearing how Thorin was breathing, I could tell that he was furious. Then he said, "We've been through a lot. Do you see Smaug cutting us any slack?!" I opened my eyes and sat up thinking to myself, I've had enough with dwarves. I gathered my things and left.

As I entered the bar area, I noticed that there were a lot more people. I pushed through the crowd and out the front door, finding Ezara. I put everything in the saddle bags and swung myself onto her back. We ran off into the night with no intention of coming back.

~~~

Aeremys' P.O.V.

Almost immediately after Vamorys walked out of the room, Fili got up and went after her. I looked over at Salaera and then followed Fili out of the room to search for Vamorys before she got into too much trouble.

I went outside and said, "I'm coming with you." Fili looked at me and then said, "Okay." I put my bow and sword in the saddle and then hoisted myself up onto Shadow. "She knows that we would look for her at your house. Where else could she be?" Fili asked.

"When we were kids, our dad built us a playhouse in the woods, a little ways away from the house. She might be there. And if she isn't, then I have no clue where she could be." I said. We rode off in search of Vamorys before something else found her.

~~~

Vamorys' P.O.V.

I opened the door to the little play house that our Da built for us. It smelled of mold and dust, but it reminded me of home. I looked around finding some of our old toys. I picked up an old bear and looked at it. I set it back down and went to the corner that I went to when I was little. I sat down and curled myself in a ball. After I let one tear out, I couldn't stop crying. Soon I was out of tears to cry, so I just sat there, letting the sleep take me.

~Vamorys' Dream~

Aeremys and I ran around the yard playing with our figurines that our Da had carved for us, while Ma held a fussy Salaera. Soon our Da would be back from the town with our food for the rest of the week. I sat down in the grass and played with the horse figurine.

Years later...

I put the figurine on a shelf in our playhouse that Da had built for us and ran out, closing the door behind me. I raced back to the house, making it just in time for lunch. Our Ma sat Salaera in her seat and then got us food. When we were done eating, Aeremys and I raced back to the playhouse to finish our game.

~End of Dream~

I heard the door to the playhouse open and saw a shadowy figure walk in. I grabbed one of my daggers, readying for the worst. Then I heard a familiar voice, "Vamorys, are you in here?"

The voice didn't belong to Salaera or Aeremys. I had almost forgotten about the dwarves until a rough feeling hand found my arm. Moonlight fled through the open door, and I saw Fili's face right in front of mine.

I smiled and put the dagger back. He walked over to me and knelt down next to me. I saw Aeremys come in behind him and my smile grew.

She looked around the playhouse a while longer while Fili and I went outside. I laid down in the soft grass and looked up at the stars. Aeremys came out of the playhouse carrying something with her.

"Vamorys, look at what I found." She said, I sat up and looked behind me to see that she had found our figurines. She handed me mine and put hers in Shadow's saddle bag. I traced my finger over my etched name on the horse's belly. I laid the figurine in my lap and then propped myself up with my hands. "Did you grab Salaera's also?" I asked her. "Yeah, I already put it into my saddle bag." She said.

I stood up, grabbing the figurine and walked over to Ezara, and put the figurine into the saddle bag.