Chapter 21

*Eva's POV*

"Pumpkin it's me" dad says knocking at my door.

I snuggle further into my bed, covering my face with my blankets.

"You haven't come out of your room in days. I'm worried about you"

I feel the bed dip down meaning he's sitting there.

"Look at me"He says sympathetically.

I pull the blankets from my face, and look at dad teary-eyed and wet-faced.

"Oh Eva..." He says pulling me towards him.

I cave in and wrap my arms around him, the tears starting again.

"What happened?" He says rubbing circles in my back.

"I don't want to talk about it" I whisper.

"Okay baby" He replies holding me close. "Elliot came to see you"

My ears perk up a little when I hear his name.

"You want to see him?" He questions.

I nod back in approval.

"Next time he comes over I'll send him up. He left something for you, it's at the end of your bed. Come down for dinner please" he says before retreating from my bedroom.

I look down at the end of my bed and see a box with a bow on it. It's looks like a present you would get a christmas. I reach down and grab the box and lift it back to where I was sitting.

The first thing I notice when I open the box is it's completely full. Oh Elliot. The first thing I pull out is a block of plain chocolate.

"Yes" I scream to no one.

The next thing I pull out is Barbie as Rapunzel on dvd. I smile at the dvd. Elliot knows I love and have a soft spot for Barbie movies.

After pulling out bits and pieces that are sentimental to me I reach the last thing in the box. It's a little piece of paper that's says three words on it. The only three words that will keep me going.

Stay strong Eva

After closing the box, tears fall from my eyes. Happy tears this time. Happy tears that I have a friend as great as Elliot. I don't need anyone but him to make me happy.

I place the piece of paper on my mirror so every morning when I wake up and see that, it will remind me to keep going.

I slowly hop out of bed and walk to my bathroom. I look like a train wreck I say greeting myself in the mirror. Turning on the tap and filling my hands with water I wet my face waking myself up a little.

My phone rings from my bed so I walk over and answer it, not bothering to check the caller I.D.

"Eva you answered!" Callen says from the other end.

"Don't call me again Callen or lord help me!" I say before ending the call, and throwing my phone across the room.

After calming down and checking if my phone was okay which I was, I went downstairs which shocked my parents to say the least.

Train wreck I tell you.

"Heey darling" mum says from behind the kitchen counter.

"Hi mum" I reply before seating in one of the kitchen stools.

"Want something to eat?" She asks.

"Just a banana please" I answer "And some chocolate milk please" I add on.

"Coming right up" she smiles.

"Thanks mum"

"You know your going to have to talk to him sooner or later"

"I know, I'm hoping for the later" I say grabbing the banana from mums hand.

"Sweetie..."

"I didn't come down for an interrogation okay?! I'm going back upstairs" I say trudging back up the stairs.

"I'm sorry" Mum voice softens behind me but I continue walking up the stairs with a banana in one hand and a glass of chocolate milk in the other.

I realise my phone is ringing as I enter my room. Fueling with adrenaline I grab it and answer it.

"I warned you Callen! I swear to god don't ever call me again!" I yell.

"Eva beaver chill, it's El" Elliot says calming me down.

"Oh El, I'm sorry for yelling at you" I apologise.

"It's alright, he's still calling you?" He questions.

"Yeah sadly, he won't leave me alone to hurt"

"He's sorry you know that right?"

"Obviously, he texts me sorry 500 times a day" my voice comes out coarse and harsh.

"You should talk to him, let him explain"

"I don't want to! I thought you were on my side not his! Your supposed to be my best friend!" I scream.

"I am Eva, I'm just saying.."

"I'm becoming a monster" I say in realisation.

"Your not, your just hurt. Did you like my gift?" He asks changing the topic.

"I did thankyou very much"

"Your welcome sweetie, I have to go. I have a date!" He beams, his happiness radiating through the phone.

"With sexy boy Myles?" I giggle.

"Yes with sexy boy Myles. Wish me luck"

"Good luck" I smile before ending the call.

I told you, he's the only thing to make me happy anymore.