Chapter 15

*Eva's POV*

My body went numb, not just cause of the kiss and Elliot but also cause the painkillers from my operation were wearing out.

"Callen.." I say softly.

"Eva, I didn't know that-- oh I'm so sorry" He says, his head in his hands.

I can't even begin to process what just happened.

Callen kissed me.

Callen kissed me?

Callen kissed me!

Oh my goodness. And then Elliot walked in and saw the whole thing. What a mess! But me and Elliot were just friends. Yeah we were, so why was his face filled with utter shock and sadness?

Good one Eva, you just ruined one of the best things that happened to you in a while.

My mind drifts back to the kiss a few minutes ago. I've never felt so alive than in that moment. The sparks I felt when Elliot touched me, were extremely intensified by a hundred when Callen's lips touched mine.

"Callen"

"Yes Eva?" He said raising his head from his hands.

"Kiss me"

He stands up from the chair and moves to sit on my hospital bed. Leaning his head in to rest against my forehead.

"Kiss me, please" I mutter out, my heart racing and my voice breathless.

He leans in and places a chaste kiss on my lips before retracting. That wasn't enough for me, so I pulled him back down and kissed him hungrily. I kissed him like I would never kiss someone again, if we were the only two people left in the world, if time had stopped. Adrenaline was racing and rushing all around my body, and I knew I never wanted this feeling to stop.

We both pulled back, both panting and desperately trying to catch our breath.

"Wow" I stutter, reaching my hand to feel my lips.

He leans back in one last time to place a small sweet kiss on my lips before leaving the room.

"What the Helen's house just happened?!" I say to noone but hoping someone is listening.

I lay back in the uncomfortable bed, my body in pain. For a moment, the pain went away.

"Miss Fisher?" A nurse calls from the door.

"Yeah it's me"

"I just bought you some more painkillers" she says giving me a glass of water and a few tablets.

"Perfect" I say placing them in my mouth and drinking some water to wash them down. "Thankyou"

"How are you feeling darling?"

"Sore. I guess that's because I'm missing a vital part of my body haha no biggie" I laugh.

"You did a great thing Eva" she tells me

"I know, she means a lot to someone I care about and it would absolutely break him if she was to pass. No one deserves to lose their mother, no matter the circumstance"

"Your a great person Eva. Come in and visit me someday after you leave?" She asks smiling.

"Definitely" I smile back.

"Okay well I'll let you get some rest. I'll come check on you again in a bit" She says leaving the room.

My eyes slowly flutter close until a little voice wakes me from the door.

"Eva? Are you alive? Oh no someone she's dead. Help please" Pia calls scared from the doorway.

"Pia I'm fine" I say rubbing my eyes.

"Sorry everyone false alarm" she says coming over and jumping on my bed.

"Heey princess" I smile at her. "Whatcha doing?"

"Well I've come to say thankyou for what you did. So thankyou" she says hugging me.

"Your welcome darling, I'm glad I could do something to help your mum" I say hugging her back.

"Oh and did something happen between you and Callen?"

I nearly choke on my saliva.

"Uh no why would you say that?" I ask my cheeks heating up.

Oh my goodness, she knows!

"He came out really happy saying, 'I really like her dad, I wish you were here to meet her'" she says impersonating Callen. "He didn't know I was listening and he never talks about dad, so you must be pretty special Eva" She says hugging me tighter.

Cue the blush in 3,2,1.

"Well I better go back and make sure mum is still alive and breathing. You will have to come over one time, I have the best barbie movie collection. I'm sure you'll love it" She beams.

"Oh definitely. Barbie is my main gal." I laugh back.

"I'll see you soon" she says planting a kiss on my cheek. "Thankyou"

"I told you already, your welcome Pia! See you beautiful" I smile as she leaves the room.

I'm exhausted. What a morning.