Chapter Eleven: The Video

With a heavy heart and a with an anger filled brain, I directed the driver to take me to a shop. I didn't want to travel through the whole town to change into another dress. I asked him to stop at the Zara store. I got out and picked out a dress and then approached the billing counter.

I opened my purse and handed him a debit card. He swiped it once, then twice and then another time.

"I'm sorry, but the card is not being accepted, do you have another one?" He asked with a apologetic smile on his face. How could my card get rejected? What is happening?

"Could you try once again?" I asked him. I had a Visa card, but that was definitely over-draft. I couldn't use it to pay.

He re-tried. "Ma'am it's not working. Do you have another one?" He asked again.

"How is that possible? I'm sure I have enough money on there." I said desperately. What was I going to do?! Stupid Zayn!

"Uhh.. I think it expired yesterday. The date says 06/14. Today is it expired a few days ago."

"Damn! Could you try this one?" I offered him the Visa card.

"'tis not accepting." I could see that he was starting to get annoyed.

"You can pay in cash though." Yeah totally. Because I just have £100 on me. I glanced at my watch. I had an hour before the rehearsals started. Even if I raced from here to the arena, I wouldn't reach there on time. So obviously there was no way of going to the hotel and coming back.

"Is there anyway I could wear this now and come back and pay for it later?" I asked him. The look he gave me would have been the ultimate funny look of the century had I not been in that situation.

"Please?" I begged.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but that is against our policy." How could he not understand that I was in desperate need of a dress.

"I shop here all the time! How can you do that to me?" I exclaimed in a loud voice.

"I'm really sorry, lady. But I cannot give you this dress without any money." I retorted. Bloody ass. Why would God want me to have such a terrible day?

"Whatever. Don't give me the dress. But remember, you will pay for this." I said as I very dramatically flung the dress on his face an stalked off.

So now here I was, standing on the street waiting for the car to arrive. My day had been terrible. Horrible wake up, ruined expensive dress, no money, a miserable argument with the people who could make or break my career and most important highlight- a ruined friendship and broken heart. This day couldn't get worse, or so I thought until it started to rain.

I stood there at the curb, soaked in rain as the car finally arrived. I could feel my anger turn the cold rain water into steam. I was literally fuming. It wasn't until I sat in the car that I realised I was crying.

"Are you okay Ms. Andrews?" The chauffeur asked.

"I'm fine." Was all that I could choke out. Liam's words kept on replaying in my head.

".... let her go, let her do whatever the fuck.."

"..... stop acting like a bitch."

Bitch.

"Take me to the hotel." I said, trying to keep my shaky voice at bay.

"But we have to go to the arena. I've been instructed to take you to the arena." He replied, glancing at me through the rear-view mirror.

"Well, I'm telling you to take me to the hotel." I said as I tried to keep my voice strong.

"As you say." He replied as he took a U-turn.