Chapter 15

I walked fast without even knowing where I was going but it didn't matter,I just wanted to walk away from what happened. I kept ignoring the tears that rolled down my cheeks to the point where I couldn't see anything. I tried ringing Steph but she didn't seem to pick up, she's probably with Luke. I dialled in Beau's number and after just a ring he picked up.

"Beau?" I said trying to hold back my tears

"Skylar? You ok?" he said worried

"I- I'm fine can you just come and pick me up?

"Yeah sure love. Where are you ?"

"Eurm not sure I can't really see much but I must be just a few streets away from the park"

"Alright stay there I'm coming" thank god I have him. Cars kept passing by me and I kept hopping it was Beau. Finally a silver grey car stopped right by me. He opened the door from the inside from where he was sitting.

"Should I take you home?" he said as I got in his car.

"Is it alright if we just go somewhere els for now?"

"Sure wanna get something to eat then my place? The boys won't be there"

"Yeah sounds good" I didn't want to go home right now James probably figured I was heading that way so he's probably waiting for me over there.
We talked about everything that happened with James and I over dinner and a bunch of other things.

-
"Thanks for everything" I said as he opened the front door of his house.

"Do you wanna watch a movie?"

"Ok"

-

"Do you mind staying over the night I don't feel like driving. I'm just to tired?"

"Yeah sure. But won't Chelsey mind?

"Nah she's cool, she knows about you and-" he stopped as he was about to say James' name.

"Urm, so where will I sleep?"

"Oh yeah, I'll show you towards the guest room"

"Thanks"

"If you need anything I'll be in my room down the hall, there is some extra sheets and pillows in the closet if you want any" he told me standing in the door way

"Alright, thanks night. Love ya"

"Love ya too Sky"

-
*Beau's POV*

'Hey sorry I left early, I had to work today. I asked Steph to come pick me up you looked so peaceful sleeping I didn't want to bother you, ahaha. Thanks for letting me sleep over last night. Talk to you soon.
love ya' -Sky

-

*Beau's POV*

'Awh she's like a little sister to me!' I thought after reading the note. I wonder how she is now. I wonder where James is... Oh shit...

*Skylar's POV*

'Thanks for picking me up Steph.' I smiled at her.

'It's okay, hun. Was it okay with Beau last night?'

'Yeah, he's so nice I'm surprised he let me stay.' I giggled, opening the door to our house.

James. Why was he there? Sitting there with Laurie. It was like he was waiting for me. My stomach turned violently.

'Why are you here?' I asked him.

'He's trying to say something to you just listen for a minute please, Sky!' Laurie pleaded.

'Why should I if he's messing with my head? Why should I if he says he loves me and then hooks up with someone else? I'm sick of being treated like shit by everyone when they don't even know half of what I'm going through. Even if they did I'd still be treated like shit anyway.' I had to hold back my tears to look like I wasn't going to take him back although I just wanted him. But it's not right if he doesn't love me...

'Look I know I've been really stupid and I shouldn't have done that. I just didn't know where we were and then when you left I was scared incase you went back and lived in Sydney forever and leave me behind so I wanted to try and get over you but now I know that it didn't work because I'm never going to get over you, ever. You might not feel the same about me and you don't even have to say it back or forgive me but Sky I love you. I've never loved someone so much before.'

Tears ran down my face and I quickly wiped them away.
'I don't feel the same.' He nodded and tilted his head down looking sad. But I wasn't finished... '
"Because I love you more than that. I can't even describe how excited I actually get when you text me or ask if I want to do something with you and when that happened I lost my mind."

'There's another reason why I did it...' He looked at me with his glossy brown eyes.
'I thought you were hiding something from me and you had someone in Sydney and weren't telling me. Something is going on and I just want to know the truth.'

'Sky didn't you tell him?' Laurie widened her eyes looking shocked.

'Are you fucking kidding me. I wouldn't go batshit crazy over you if I had someone in Sydney and found out you had someone here. I'm telling you there's no other guy in my life.'

'So what are you hiding from me?'

All of a sudden Luke hopped down the stairs and interrupted. I was pretty sure he heard everything and wanted to protect me. Looks like he stayed the night.

'Nothing is wrong James can you just look her in the eyes for fuck sake? Can you stop being paranoid about it?'

'You know something Luke I know you do.' He flicked his hands everywhere.

'OKAY! YOU WANT TO KNOW? When you wanted to go swimming with Sky she said she really liked you and felt awkward telling you and she felt awkward swimming around in a pool half naked with you. That's why she didn't go.'

He lied for me. I finally felt more relieved.

'Is this true Sky?' James asked.

'Yeah... I just felt embarrassed 'cause I can't swim either.'

'I'm sorry I overreacted. I'm sorry for hooking up with someone else. I'm sorry for wasting your time thinking I'm making it better.'

I froze. I didn't want him to apologise for something I lied about and thinking he's making my life worse. I couldn't let it happen. The guilt over took me. 'NO! James you don't get it! You make me feel better when I'm with you. You make me feel happy. I love you, James. But for me it's not even just love... I feel empty and sad without you. I don't want you to feel bad. I just wanted you to like me.'

'Like you? I love you. I always have.' A tear rolled down his cheek and he smiled at me. He smiled at me with his white teeth. I missed that smile.

He held his arms out and I ran into them.

*James POV*

I hugged her so tight I thought I'd suffocate her. But just having her in my arms made me feel warm.