Chapter 20

"What -you doing?" Steph asked me out of curiosity stepping into my room.

"Nothing much, just checking out a few schools." I answered keeping my eyes foccused on my laptop.

"How so?"

"Well you know I-, I was just so ready to get out of high school and never thought further since I wanted to get away from people like the ones I went to school with. And now things are better so I thought it might be good for me to get back out there and maybe look for a potential career."

"Oh I see" she said sounding a bit enthusiastic "Have you thought of what kind of career you'd like to pursue in?"

"Well I'm thinking somewhere marketing,like clothing and such but I'm still keeping my options open"

"Nice. You wanna join me for lunch I was just heading out?"

"I'd like to, but I still have to look at a few more schools"

"Well I  have something that you might just be interested in"

"Ok.." i said uncertain of what she migth be talking about. "What is it?"

"Join me for lunch and will talk it over" she spoke as if it was some sort of secret proposition.

"Ahah, alright. Give me two minutes and I'll be down"

_

"So where 'we going to eat?" I asked once in the car.

"I thought we could go to that vegan restaurant close to work?"

"Sounds good to me"

"You trying to make me deaf!" she yelled out as I turned on the stereo and the volume was quite high from yesterday's car ride.

"Sorry" I said laughing at her reaction. "Dramatic" I spoke under my breath,  she then hit my arm for saying it.

_

"So, Mia and Laurie introduced me to their idea and asked if yourself would also be interested"

"Ok"

"They love working at the store so much that they wanted to have one of there own and asked if we would like to be involved in their project"

"Yes, that sounds great!"

"But you know this kind of stuff takes a lot of money and time"

"Yeah, yeah I know" "Did they talk about how much we would have to pitch in each?"

"Urm yeah they estimated around 75k each for the start up of the store and an additional of 2.5k for the clothing line"

"Whoa"

"Yeah, I know it's a lot but I really think It's going to be worth it,

"I don't dougth it either, but none of us got that kind of money, that's gonna take at least more than five years to just get the money"

"That means I'm not going back to school"

"But look on the bright side, you told me you were looking for something in marketing this could be it maybe"

"Yeah, no you're right. This could be good for us"

"But don't worry we're going to go all over it again with them in  details. We'll just have to call them to set up a date to see when we're all free and discuss this"

"Alright, try to see if they're free this afternoon 'cause this still gives us the time to go to Kmart to get the stuff for the house we wanted"

"Hey, Mia"

"Hi, what's up?"

"Well I was just calling to see if this after noon around.." she held the phone further away from her ear to ask me what time would suit us before checking with Mia "...around 2 o'clock would it be okay for you and Laurie to discuss the possible store in details with us"

"Us? as in you and Sky?"

"Yeah, she seemed pretty into it, but she doesn't guaranty anything yet" she looked back at me to let me know she wasn't involving me in anything completely

''Awsome! 2pm sounds great, I'll let Laurie know. Our place?"

"Great. Yep, see ya gals later"

"Later" she hung up sounding pretty exited about it.

"I guess we better get going if we want to have the time to buy what we want before meeting them" she said waving her hand at the cute waiter giving him a sign asking for the addition for us to pay for our drinks.

"I guess we better then"