Chapter Thirteen - Out with the old, In with the new

My alarm woke me up at 7:30am, and the sun shone through my window. I turned over, and pulled the blankets over my head. All I wanted to do was sleep, and I didn't want to go to school. Johnny's eye surgery was yesterday, and they said he would be able to see the next day, which was today. I felt guilty as hell for kissing Luke, and betraying everyone. I felt miserable, and my stomach hurt. I ran to the bathroom and threw up, then I cleaned off my face and headed back into bed. Melissa came into my room, and sat next to me.

"Honey, are you feeling okay?" Melissa asked, putting a strand of my hair behind my ear.

Melissa sure acted like a mother. "Yeah, just threw up. But I'm fine, just nervous for school. Hey, could I visit my friend Johnny today? He just got eye surgery, and I promised that I would be the first person he saw when he opens his eyes."

Melissa nodded her head. "Of course, but get ready for school or else you'll be late."

I smiled, and then shooed away Melissa so I could get ready. I rummaged through the clothes Melissa had picked out for me, and found a nice pair of shorts and a nice V-neck white top. I put on my converse shoes, and grabbed my backpack. I put my iPhone in my pocket, and headed downstairs. Luke and James were standing by front door, and Lizzie was fiddling with her new dress. I helped Lizzie fix the bow in her hair, and straightened James tie. Luke had a pair of Hollister shorts, and a blue Hollister shirt. He was wearing a pair of sandals, and his hair was combed neatly. His eyes sparkled like the moon on the ocean, and his hair shimmered in the light. His face flawless, and his dimples were so precise on his face. I straightened my headband, and headed for the door. Luke and the others followed, and we all walked together to school.

"Being at the top of high school is pretty cool." Luke said, smiling at me.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Sure I guess."

A tear ran down my cheek, and I wiped it away. I didn't notice I was crying until I saw James give me a pity look, I ignored James and kept on walking. Luke put his arm around my shoulder, and held me close. Luke smelt like mint, and it reminded me of Lucas. I suddenly freaked out and started running away from Luke, James, and Lizzie. I turned a corner, and ran towards the beach. Luke was close behind me, and I started to run faster. I turned another corner, and Luke passed right by me. He was shouting my name, and I kept running. Someone tapped me on the shoulder, and I turned around. It was Jason.

"Holy crap." I said, covering my mouth with my hand."

"Why were you running from your brother?" Jason asked, laughing.

"Because he smelt like my boyfriend Connor, and I was just really freaked out." I said, looking around the corner to see if Luke had left.

"He's gone Anna." Jason said, stepping around the corner.

"Were are you going?" I asked, walking towards Jason.

"School, which starts in 5 minutes." Jason said, walking towards a big building about two blocks away.

I followed Jason. "Me too, I should go find my brothers and sister."

Jason stopped, and turned around. "If you ever need a place to crash, come to my house. It's two blocks from the school, and Johnny would love company around the house. You need a place to say, just let me know."

I hugged Jason, and he hugged me back. "Thank you, now lets get to school."

Jason and I walked to school, and then went in separate directions. I headed towards room 322, and Jason went the opposite way. Luke was standing right by the door, and when he saw me, he hugged me tightly.

"Nice to see you too." I said, pushing Luke away.

"Where on earth were you?" Luke asked, walking into the classroom.