Chapter Nine - Old Friends

After Lucy and I talked for about an hour, Lucy headed home leaving Liz and I for a girl's night out. Liz suggested the Patio near the bridge, and I suggested staying home.

"Liz," I said, "we can stay home, watch tv, be bored. You know?"

"Anna," Liz said, sitting next to me, "I know your heartbroken, and things aren't turning out as you thought they would. But trust me, you'll move on soon enough."

I got really pissed off at Liz, and started shouting. "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS LIKE TO FIND OUT YU ALMOST DIED FOR NOTHING, AND YOUR MOTHER ISN'T LYING ABOUT BEING DEAD!"

Liz stood up, and combed her fingers through her hair. "No I don't Anna, and I bet it sucks. But I wasn't ready either, you know. Being a part time mother, because yours seems to be more occupied with other things."

I hugged Liz, and started to cry again. Why did Connor and Lacey lie to me? Why did my Aunt have to take care of me, while barely taking care of herself? All these questions gave me a headache, and I sat down again.

"Liz, I'm going to head off to bed now." I said, staring at the clock.

"But it's only 10," Liz said, "I thought you would be up for a couple of more hours."

I shrugged my shoulders, and walked into my room. I quietly closed the door, and turned the lights off making Liz think I was actually going to bed, when I was really sneaking out to Connor's party.

I put on my black dress, with my golden heels, and looked in the mirror. My makeup was darker than usual, and my arm sling was replaced with a black one, matching my outfit. My brown hair was curled, falling right on my shoulders, and my brown eyes glittered in the light.

Once I was ready, I snuck out the window, being careful that I didn't hurt my arm or make any noises. Liz looked out the window, and then closed the shades. I walked to Connor's house, which was two blocks to the right and one block to the left. Once I got to Connor's I heard music playing from the inside, and I heard laughing and giggling.

Stepping inside, I saw Lacey and the other cheerleaders talking to some guys from school. I also saw Lucy and Lucas talking while drinking soda over in the tv room, so I carefully walked over to Lucy and Lucas.

"Anna!" Lucas said, sounding surprised.

"Hey Lucas," I said, stiffening up, "cool party, huh?"

"Yeah," Connor said, "great now that your here."

Connor kissed my cheek, and spun me around. "You look lovely Anna, but the hoodie doesn't work with the dress or arm sling."

I pulled away from Lucas. "I will take it off dumb ass, I wore it because I had to walk three blocks here stupid."

"Anna, chill." Lucy said, standing in between Connor and I.

Lucy was taller than me, and she was about three inches taller with her high heels on. I'm only 5'4", and Lucy is 5'6" plus having the heels made her about 5'9" and making me about 5'5". Connor stepped around Lucy, and hugged me tightly.

"Anna, can we go some where else?" Connor asked, grabbing my hand.

"Not too far Bradley," Lucy said, "I mean it!"

Connor led me upstairs into the gaming room, and sat down. "Anna, we need to talk."

"I agree," I said, "You and Lacey dating, is a problem."

"I told her that, and she told me to date you." Connor said, holding my hand.

I held Connor's hand, and frowned. "Why the hell are you dating her? You manipulated me."