Finding my Prince... Uh, is that supposed to be him? 6

Chapter 6

"Chris!" I screamed as he got out of his car.

"I see Ripper survived," He said hugging me.

"Yeah," I said as Ripper bounded towards Chris. He scratched him behind the ears and I put him back inside.

"Ready to go Ser?" He asked I nodded excitedly as I got in his car to show him around Emerald Bay.

I showed him the mall, my store, the river that I like to go looking for shells in, the school, and the boardwalk. It has everything you ever need right there. On one strip of beach. There's an arcade, restaurants, a convenience store (that's highly over-priced) and bowling.

"Bowling! We should go Ser! It would be like old times!" He said excitedly. I agreed and remembered back to high school in Canada when we used to go all the time... Then again we also egged our evil teachers house. Oh well.

"STRIKE!" I yelled, pumping my fist in the air.

"Damn, how do you keep doing that?" Chris said.

"You're just jealous that I've always been better," I said sitting on his lap. It was the ninth frame and let's put it this way... I was winning, by a lot.

"Well, yes, but I'm just happy to be here with you," he said looking at me intensly. Next thing I knew, he was leaning in trying to kiss me. Sure we had something once, but I moved and things changed. I mean I think I'm in love with Damon, I can't do that to him. I jumped up out of Chris' lap.

"Sorry Chris, but I can't do that," I said looking down and playing with my platinum hair.

"Who else is there?" He said in a tone I knew all too well.

"Chris, don't," I cautioned him.

"Who is he?" He threatened, I could see him trying to influence me. GOD DAMN IT! Why is every guy I'm linked to a vampire?!

"That doesn't work on me newborn," I said making him back up to the table in fear. "Yeah, I know what you are, so don't think you can play me like that," I said gaining on him. His eyes were wide. I knew where he was staying. I guess I'd have to get rid of him too... The more important question is could I? Chris was always my human best friend. I started breathing heavier with the sad thought and I kicked off the shoes and replaced them with my own. I ran out to the boardwalk and hid in a gift shop. I pulled out my phone and found the number I was looking for.

"Yesss?" He stretched out the word. Damn caller ID.

"Can you come get me?" I asked quietly.

"Where are you?" His comforting voice asked.

"The boardwalk parking lot," I answered simply. There was only one anyways.

"I'll be right there," He said and I hit the end button. I crept out the front way to the street and walked to the parking lot where a familiar shiny Jaguar waited. I hopped in next to Stefan and he started to drive me home.

"Why did you need me to get you? Why not Damon?" He asked.

"I can't let him be right, it's just how we work," I replied.

"Right about what?"

"I shouldn't have gone out with Chris today, it'll be nothing but trouble," I said breathing deeply, closing my eyes, resting my head back and pinching the bridge of my nose.

"What trouble? Can I help?" He asked.

"Well you could find out when he goes back to his hotel room in the Hilton uptown," I said. "Be careful though, he's not human," I finished. Stefan must've known I knew about them.

"No problem Serena, I'm on it." He said smiling.

"Thanks, call me when you know he's there," I said before he pulled into my driveway.

"I will."

"Thanks Stefan!" I said before he left. I walked back into my house to find Acius sitting on my couch.

"Ahh, child!" He said I hugged him and he hugged me back.

"Hi Uncle!"

"Any other exterminations or can I leave?" he asked, oddly enough he was serious.

"One more tonight," I said painfully.

"Who is it?"

"Christopher Thompson," I said, he nodded.

"I'll be leaving to get back to my business tomorrow then," He was always very formal and always tending to his rights as CEO of a large company.

"Okay, I'll come visit soon, I promise," I said before he left. We were most definitely a weird family. Oh well.

                Soon after Acius left, Elena showed up on my doorstep... Stefan.

"Hey! We have to get you ready for tonight!" She said stepping in after I invited her.

"Damon never told me where we were going," I complained to her. She gave me a look that said she knew and we went to my closet. She pulled open the closet and found my actual dresses. I kept them from when I dated a rich vampire who insisted I 'accompany' him to balls and such. There were maybe ten he had bought me before I had to kill him off. Elena pulled out a light green one, a white knee-length one and my personal favourite, the black gown. It was strapless with a low cut front and a mermaid fit. Onyx was sewn into the bodice and the dress went to the floor.

"I like the black one," I said. She nodded, thinking.

"Yeah, That's the one," She said excitedly and gave it to me to change into. I slipped it on and she was satisfied. She curled my hair, which took an hour, and left before Damon arrived. A good two minutes after she was gone, Damon knocked on my door. I opened it and let him in.

"Wow, You look great," He remarked, totally checking me out. He looked dashing in his dark suit and tie.

"Yeah, Hurricane Elena swept through and destroyed all closets and bathrooms in her path," I joked. He held out his arm after I put on my shoes and we walked out to the Ferrari.

"Damon, we might have to make an extra trip later tonight..."I trailed off.

"What?" He asked speeding to god knows where.

"I need to, say my last goodbyes to Chris, if you know what I mean," I said playing with a piece of onyx.

"Oh, okay, we can do that." He said and pulled into the parking lot... Holy Crap.

A HUGE THANK YOU TO STAR_VAMPYRE!!!! You are awesome and totally inspired me to keep going :) so what did everyone think of the new twist? Is she going to kill Chris? WHAT IN GOD'S NAME WILL DAMON DO?! lol you'll have to wait to find out. I would expect the next upload to be sometime before christmas eve, and since i somehow upload two at a time, you won't wait long! hehe love all you fans I MEAN IT! but i have to get through the next chapter of Beauty and the geek. BYE PEOPLES!