Finding my Prince... Uh, is that supposed to be him? 21

Chapter 21

"Wake up Serena! I've let you sleep an extra half hour," Damon said. I opened my eyes to see the blankets curled around me and Damon standing at the door, the clock on my bedside table said it was four thirty in the morning.

"Fine, I'm up," I said groggily. I got up and rummaged through the closer for some decent clothes for the plane. I ended up in one of Damon's black shirts and tied it with a hair elastic in the back. I also put on blue skinny jeans and some socks. Damon had already brought down the suitcases and was waiting by the front door. I slipped into some comfy DC's and locked the door behind me. I was confident that I forgot nothing and my gaze landed on the limo by the street.

"Really, Damon?" I asked sceptically.

"Yeah, it's going to be a long drive," he said and the driver put our bags in the trunk and Damon helped me in. I was so tired that once we started moving I laid across the seats and laid my head in Damon's lap.

"Would you like to make any stops sir?" the driver asked in a funny accent.

"Just McDonalds," Damon replied. Within minutes, the smell of fatty pancakes filled my nose and we ate breakfast.

"Are you ready?" Damon asked. I nodded. My enthusiasm was killed by my lack of sleep. After we were done, Damon sat with his feet up on the seat and I sat between his legs. He wrapped his arms around me sweetly and it was a nice silent ride to the airport. Damon helped me out and took the bags from our driver. I slung my bag over my body and trudged into the terminal. Damon checked us in, I wasn't paying much attention. After we got through security, Damon carried me to the gate, piggy back style.

"Thank you D," I said, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Of course, mio tesoro," he drawled. He managed to sound so much more attractive in Italian. I sighed contentedly and closed my eyes.

I opened my eyes to a grassy ditch and a huge mansion. I assume I was on the front lawn. Getting up, I dusted myself off and looked at the large house. It had far too many windows and the door was slightly ajar. I walked up the stone steps to see that the inside was ravaged and broken. It looked like it was crumbling. A horrid smell was coming from one of the rooms so I went in to investigate. The entrance had cobwebs and rotten tables, and the living area wasn't much better. A few couches were covered in white sheets. The grand dining room was also covered in sheets and the chandelier hung precariously from a few small wires. I noticed the smell getting stronger and continued. The kitchen is where the stench originated and my eyes were met with a horrible sight. People lay dead, strewn across the floor. Eyes open, mouths open, as if their death was a surprise. I didn't know the cause until I saw one I recognised. Chris lay up on his back with an odd expression. I looked around and spotted Marcus Dorian too.... I had to get out of here. I flung open a door at the back of the kitchen but my path was blocked by someone living.

"You can't escape what you've done," A little boy said. He had shackles around his wrists and ankles and looked too innocent to be in a kitchen of dead people.

I woke with a start and startled Damon too. Had he been awake? I didn't even care, tears fell over my cheeks and I threw my arms around Damon's neck to hide myself.

"Serena, what's wrong?" he asked, his voice full of concern. It was nice.

"It... It was j-just a n-nightmare," I stuttered out.

"It's okay now," He said, soothing me. I clutched him tightly in my small arms and never wanted to let him go. I'm not quite sure how long we stayed like that, but eventually I sat up.

"Are you alright?" He asked me. I nodded and wiped at my mascara. Good thing his shirt is black. I grabbed my bag and got up.

"I'll be right back," I announced.