Finding My prince. (Vampire Diaries fan-fic)

Finding my Prince... Uh, is that supposed to be him?

Chapter 1

My mom always told me not to walk through dark alleys at night. Well, tonight I really don't care, I just want to get home. My boyfriend, oh wait no, ex-boyfriend just dumped me like I was nothing. I walked through the dark, and looked around. The glistening walls shimmered with fresh graffiti and the ground was wet from the earlier rain. I inhaled the smells of the city and listened to the clicking of my heels on the cement and my steady breathing. Tears burned behind my eyes as I pushed on. Just get home Serena, I told myself. My hair rippled in the light wind and the moon dyed it silver. I shuffled around a pile of rotting trash and the next thing I knew, I was face down in it. I think something hit me in the head, and I felt really weird. I moaned from my place on the ground and a dark stranger came over me. I thought he was going to rob me or something but he gently picked me up and took me inside somewhere... He set me on a couch and I drifted to sleep.

The next morning I woke up on a couch under a quilt. Where the hell was I? I sat up slowly and could hear two men fighting in the next room.

"What was I supposed to do Stefan?!" One said angrily.

"Let her die, you do it all the time," The second one answered.

"I do not, but remember you used to be just like me," The first one threatened.

"Yes Damon, I was, but-," That one got cut off by a woman's voice.

"Both of you stop it! Can't you just be happy you're brother did something nice?" I heard grumbling and footsteps coming towards me. I laid back down but left my eyes open.

"Hey," The woman said. She was gorgeous. Her hair was like gold and her eyes were the deepest shade of blue. I was the opposite of her. My eyes were as pale blue as ice and my hair almost silver even in normal light. I rubbed my head and she offered me some tea.

"How much do you remember?" She asked me, I cleared my throat getting ready to speak.

"Uhm, well, I was walking home and something hit me in the head," I said chuckling and sipping my tea.

"Then someone came and got me and I fell asleep... That's it I guess."

"Good, What's your name?" She asked me.

"Serena Bryans," I replied.

"Okay Serena, Where do you live?"

"In my house on Bay street, number 213," I said again.

"Well, you were a long way from home, I'm Elena," She said softly. She offered me her hand and we shook. A tall dark man walked into the room and I could just tell it was the one who had saved me.

"Look at who it is, the knight in shining armour!" Elena got up and murmured something to the man. I couldn't hear what though...

"Uhh, hi," He said.

"Thank you," I said looking at my cup instead of him. He had black hair that fell into his eyes and eyes that were so dark they were black. He was also dressed in all black.

"You're welcome," He said in a deep voice that knotted my stomach many, many times over.

"Why?" I asked him.

"Why what?"

"Why did you save me?" I said again.

"You know, I don't actually know," He said sitting on the coffee table. "Maybe you were just my good deed for the year." I laughed dryly and still didn't look back up.

"I was kidding, I don't know why, I felt... Compelled to." I nodded taking it all in. I looked up at him and he was staring at me intently. He was really handsome.

"Thank you." I stated again, He flashed me a smile that could blind Chuck Norris.

"Anytime, it's Damon by the way," He said putting out his hand like Elena had done. I hugged him instead and silently got up and walked out.

Once I was out the door, I took off my sling back stilettos and tried to find out where I was. I soon found out when I ended up on the sunny beach. Looking both ways, I tried to determine where I was. Well, the old pier was to my left, so I had to go right? It's what I did anyways... Eventually I found my friend's beach shop, and I can tell you she is one of a kind. She made a beach access store that was fairly huge. Three of us started it off, and all three of us are still in it. I designed surf boards and Ashley had her own beach wear line going. Lastly, Olivia had all the other necessities in there. It was the most successful shop in town to date. We used to all share a house but eventually that apartment got much too small for our overly popular store. Things were manageable here in Emerald Bay, I didn't really do much for the store except release new designs. The whole store was rather practical, since I was a total beach bum, it was appropriate. I walked in smelling the sweet candles we burn. This week? I actually don't know what it is, but I like it. The three part store wasn't really divided but kind of. I had a little cut out and I ended up getting the biggest part because I also repair and sometimes paint boards. I needed it.

"Hey Ser, rough night?" Ashley asked as she hung swim suits on a rack. All I could do was nod and I guess I kinda ditched her last night but I had to get away. She must've figured out because when I went to grab a water out of the fridge there was a tub of chocolate ice cream.

"With marshmallows?" I asked from the back. I heard her yell something along the lines of 'Yeah' and I smiled. I changed into an extra set of clothes I keep here.

Okay for everyone reading this premature edition of my Fan fiction i needed to get it to my ipod and this is the only way this could happen so it will be coming down soon but a full chapter 1 will be up soon I hope. LOVE ALL YOU FANS! hope you enjoy this while it's up! :D