Reunited

Betty's POV

Completely silent. The only sound heard was me sniffling as I sat in the passenger seat, my legs pulled up to my chest, my arms wrapped around them, my eyes kept view on the road, barely blinking.

Ringing, Kevin's phone broke the sad silence and filled the car with that endless ringtone everyone hated. He nervously picked it up and I glanced over seeing Veronica's name lighting up on the screen, he answered and put it on loud speaker, 'Don't worry, I've got Betty, we're heading to the airport, Ronnie,' he said, 'what's the update?' Kevin asked. 'We've found him,' she says and I let out a sigh of relief. 'But, it's not good, he's on his way to the hospital' she shakily said, 'what? What happened?' Kevin gulped, 'he had an accident. He was driving recklessly on his motorbike and well crashed. The ambulance is on there way and so are we, but we dont know- if you know- if he's alive or will live' she sorrowfully said. 'This is my fault. This is all my fucking fault' I yelled digging my nails into my hands, 'Betty, you couldn't of prevented it, it's not your fault, there's no way it ever could be' Kevin said stopping the car and wiped the fresh tears on my cheeks. 'But it is Kev, if I just stayed, this wouldn't of happened' I cried opening the car door and closing it.

I had only just realised we were at the airport, Kevin came rushing over to me, 'Betty, I'll come' he said and locked his car. 'No, you stay here. Everyone deserves an explanation of why I ran, you go tell them. I can handle a plane ride by myself and right now I want to be alone, I need to think' I whispered as I hugged him and then walked into the building that piled with people.

After landing

I had cried most of the plane journey, I even ended opening up about this whole mess which is called my life to a stranger who sat next to me and had asked why I was crying. As soon as I landed I went to a pay phone and called for a taxi, luckily the journey from here to the hospital is only twenty minutes.

Before I thought to ring Veronica I headed straight into the taxi and told him to rush to the hospital, I nervously started biting my lips and fiddling with my dress.

As the car stopped I gave the taxi man the total amount and extra tip since I basically told him to step on it. I ran into the hospital and walked up to the desk, the woman gave me an odd look as she notice my choice of outfit. 'Is Forsythe Pentalton Jones the third here?' I panted tapping my foot, I quickly looked around the waiting room and didn't see any of my friends in sight, I sighed and turnt back around. 'Room 201' the lady smiled and I quickly made my way to the door, I breathed in a shaky breathe before slowly creaking the door open.

My eyes began to swell up as I saw his body laying on the hospital bed, he looked lifeless. 'He still hasn't woken up, but he will' the nurse said as I walked in and she walked out. His arms laid still beside him, one arm wrapped in a cast and he had cuts covering him head to toe, his lip slightly red from the blood. I sat on the edge and stroked his hair out his face, 'I'm sorry,' I whisper as the tears began to stream down my face, 'If I had just let you in, opened up, this wouldn't of happened, but it hurts Jughead. I'm so fucked up that it's just easier to leave. When I left you probably thought I was this heartless monster that left because I didn't love you which is so so wrong. There's so much i want to do with you, walks on the beach, watching the stars on a roof top, get married, have kids, grow old. I can just picture you with kids, it'd be so cute,' I softly say laying next to him still in my party dress, I probably looked like a mess. 'I know I'm probably the last person you want here, but guess your stuck with me for a while, sleepyhead' I smirked at him even though he still hadn't woken up.

Few hours later

'Betty?' I heard someone say, I blinked open my eyes and looked round the room seeing it wasn't my bedroom. I was in the hospital with Jughead, I must have fell asleep when I was laying down. I looked to my right and saw Veronica standing there her arms wide open, I jumped up and ran into a tight hug, 'Betty' I heard Toni, Cheryl, Sweatpea and Fangs squeal as they came through the door and joined the hug. 'Why are you guys hugging each other, I'm the one who just crashed' I heard a croaky voice say, I turnt my head and saw Jughead pushing himself up into a sitting position before locking eyes with me and his grew bigger, 'Betty?' He asked furrowing his eyebrows, 'hey' I said awkwardly, I walked over to the plastic bag and pulled out his wool beanie and gave it to him before sitting on the edge of his bed, 'we'll come back' Cheryl said as she shewed everyone out with her.

'So, you came back? Are you back permanently?' He asked fiddling with the front strand of his hair, 'Veronica rang me when they couldn't find you, I took the first plane here' I said, 'why, if your going to go back and leave me all over again?' He said in a slightly angry tone. 'Jug, I get your mad at me, fair enough, I would be too but I just want to help, your hurting and all of it's my fault, I just want to fix things, I couldn't live with myself knowing you hate me' I frowned. 'Betts I could never hate you, it's just you left, and I would of been fine if you told me a few days before but you just left all of a sudden and weren't even going to say a proper goodbye. That's how my mum left, she grabbed jellybean when I was at school and they left leaving me with my asshole of a father. If I'm honest at the start I was pissed at you like crazy, I gave up caring for you and others ,but then over time I realised that I was mad at myself for not trying my hardest to help you out and every time I heard your name I just broke a little more, I should of helped make you feel you didn't need to run, I should of opened up to you so you'd open up to me.' he said, 'I'm sorry Jug. If you want I'll go check the doctor and see when you can come home, I really want to help out, pay you back for everything you've done for me,' I smiled and stood up, 'also, do you still have my clothes at your apartment, kinda came unexpectedly and this is not comfortable' I laugh gesturing my party dress. 'Yes there still in my draw I think, but I moved, no offence but the apartment reminded me too much of you at the start and I was still very pissed off' he slightly chuckled ,I smiled too and opened the door letting everyone in. 'I'll be back' I smiled to them and walk to the desk where the same lady stood.

'Hi I'm here with Forsythe Pentalton Jones the third, we were wondering when he can leave' I smiled, she scrolled through her computer before reading of it 'tomorrow'