Chapter 27

February 16, 2015 (Reagan is 34 weeks, Alana is 33 weeks and 6 days)

Class is going on a field trip today, so i decided to stay home. 'Cause why spend eight hours with a bunch of assholes i don't even like when i don't need to? By the way, so sorry for the late ass update.

Lukah is on the side. ♡

Nathaniel put down the finishing touches backing away from the plate with a smile, feeling accomplished with his work.

"You can cook," came Reagan's surprised voice as she joined him in the kitchen. "Last time i checked, you could burn water," she added, all the while inspecting the meal with curious eyes.

He gave a sheepish shrug, "what can i say, I'm a quick learner". His heart thudded faster as she approached the dustbin, pressing down on it with her foot to open the lid.

"Mhm," Reagan giggled, shaking her head at him while he feigned a look of shock. The dustbin was filled with empty cartons of IHOP pancakes, sausage links and two small Yoplait vanilla cups.

"I have no idea how those got there," Nathaniel put a hand behind his back, crossing his fingers, "promise".

Rolling her eyes at him, Reagan picked up the plate of food and gave him a kiss. "It's the thought that counts, Nathan, besides, I'd rather not get food poisoning".

He pouted at that, letting put a huff as he crossed his arms. "You and i both know my cooking isn't that bad".

She raised a brow, swallowing the last bit of food in her mouth before she spoke. "And, you and i both know that's a giant lie".

"Well, i just wanted to start your birthday off with a good breakfast, sue me". Nathaniel dramatically flailed his arms in the air with and exasperated sigh. All of which earned a snort from Reagan. "How does being twenty-four feel like," he asked, taking a sip of water.

She raised a brow, silently asking herself if she should answer such a ridiculous question. "Like being twenty-three".

He smiled at her, playfully, and carefully, nudging her side, occasionally cracking jokes as they ate their "homemade" meal together.

_________________✍

"So, where exactly are we meeting them," Reagan asked, staring at her reflection in the mirror in concentration while trying to brush her hair back into a neat bun, but failed once the band broke in two.

Nathaniel chuckled at her misfortune as he slipped on a random pair of black trousers. "Some new place called Rock Fish, never heard of it, though. And, leave it down, please, i like it that way".

"No," Reagan let out a frustrated sigh when her hair fell all in her face. "I hate seafood," scrunching up her nose at the mere thought. "Sometimes, i just want to chop all my hair off".

"And, I'll never talk to you again if you do," he replied, to which Reagan gave him a look for. "I'm kidding, I'm totally kidding," Nathaniel quickly said. He watched as Reagan once again attempted to tame her hair. This time just setting it in a simple side plait.

"Eh," Reagan shrugged her shoulders, "good enough".

Nathaniel was soon beside her, hopping on one foot while trying to put on his second shoe. "As for the seafood problem, I know you don't like it, which is why we'll eat before we go".

She nodded at his reflection, "okay, but, while we're at it, we can go grocery shopping, too". Walking out and grabbing her cell phone from the night stand, she added, "the fridge is looking pretty empty".