Chapter 9

June 12, 2014

"It's not going to fit, it's too big".

"Then, I'll make it fit," was Nathaniel's stubborn reply.

He shoved the remaining three large boxes of leftover food into the fridge, forcefully slamming the door shut. Clapping his hands together, he smiled, feeling a sense of accomplishment.

Reagan clicked her tongue, shaking her head. "Are we going now," she asked almost impatiently. He nodded, grabbing her right hand, walking along side her to the front door.

"Everybody else is already on their way there. They are just waiting on us," opening the passenger door for her as he slipped in as well, buckling up.

They zoomed off in a comfortable silence, coming to a final halt not even twenty minutes later. Reagan stared in awe, eyes widened, mouth agape as she looked on at the scenery before her.

"This place is huge," her face practically pressed against the glass as Nathaniel chuckled softly at her reaction. He got out his car, coming to her side, helping her out.

"Really? It looks small to me," his tone serious, looking at the two cars parked at the corner, a black and a silver one. "They already got here," his grip on her hand became somewhat tighter, but not to the point where it would've caused any pain.

He led her toward the front door as Reagan admired her surroundings; the grass as green as the forests, a simple fountain placed in the middle of the circular drive-way. Gorgeous flower beds decorating the floors, and that was saying quite a lot from Reagan.

She always despised flowers; the smell was what always got to her. But, they were awfully pretty, she had to give them that.

Twisting the golden door knob, a gust of cool air met them both, emitting shivers to rack through their bodies. Her eyes ran wildly all over the place, not knowing where to focus, which was more extravagant to look at.

The two swirled stairs at each end or the beautiful enormous chandelier hanging right above her head.

She didn't know.

"Wow," was all she could muster.

"They should be in the parlor," he held his hand out, "follow me". She rolled her eyes. As if she could find her own way through this house-excuse my mistake. Mansion. As if she could find her own way through this mansion alone.

There.

Much better.

He led her through a corridor, photos littering every nuke and cranny, scattered all over the intricately painted black walls.

Photos of Nathaniel and the guys, him and Andrew as children playing outside, celebrating a birthday or something else she couldn't quite decipher just from observation.

One caught her attention, there was a beautiful girl with him, one arm wrapped around his waist as the other made a fist in the air. Both of them sporting an identical grin.

Nathaniel noticed what she was paying attention to. "Who's-".

"My big sister".

She nodded, dropping the topic, letting him guide her into the parlor, hearing everyone before she saw them. Cameron and Kingley were in the dark brown couch opposite Wren and Alana. Their entwined hands and nervous expressions were the first to spark the couples' interest.

Cameron looked up, smiling weakly at his friend, "since you're all here, I guess we should carry on with the news," his free sweaty palms rubbed up and down on his blue jeans.