Chapter 5

March 30, 2014 (same day)

Nathaniel on the side. Shirtless! Oh, and Alana with Andrew, too, in that order. ♡

Silence began to grow in the room. Nathaniel rubbed the back of his neck nervously, at a loss for words. Reagan seemed to be in the same predicament.

Although, the only thing that seemed to trouble her was how he looked. His expression almost seemed regretful. Did he not want to kiss me, was her only thought. It swarmed around in her head, consuming and taking over.

That was far from it.

The only thing Nathaniel regrets was not locking his door. His brother, Andrew always knew how to ruin a perfectly good moment.

Nathaniel worked up enough courage to look at her, opening his mouth to speak, but Reagan beat him to it. "I'll just get back to work," her eyes not meeting his, afraid of seeing the regret in his eyes.

Though, there was none. But, she didn't know that.

Turning away from him, Reagan walked quickly to the door, her vision, getting blurry from the un-shed tears. She didn't want to be there, in his presence, not right then, no. Reagan couldn't possibly handle that.

With her head still facing the beige carpeted floors, she whispered, "I'm sorry," before walking out.

It seemed as if she always did that, walk away from him and apologize. But, what could she do, it's not like the kiss meant anything to him. Of course there was nothing to it, Reagan reprimanded herself, it was the heat of the moment.

Nothing more, she was sure of that.

_________________✍

Nathaniel groaned, running his hand through his hair profusely in aggravation. She looked upset, at him for some reason unknown to him. Did she not want to kiss me, was his only thought.

Oh, how wrong they were.

His door slowly crept open, revealing Nathaniel's least favorite sibling as of late, Andrew. He smiled cheekily, coming all the way in, making his way to the black love seat at the corner.

"So," Andrew started, his smile widening,"anything new happen," he asked, raising his legs on the small brown coffee table. Nathaniel glared at him, his nostrils flared.

"If you know what's good for you, Drew, I suggest you get out of my face in the next five seconds," he seethed. Yet, somehow, his tone remained calm and collected.

Andrew chuckled, not taking his big brother seriously, kicking his shoes off. "No, I'm fine right here," grinning at him, Andrew laid back, watching him.

"Three," Nathaniel counted, taking small menacing steps forward, his glare, if possible, turning colder.

Andrew's eyes bulged out their sockets, he stood up quickly, racing towards the door. His shoes, forgotten by him, were in the way, causing him to trip face first on the carpeted floors.

"Two," now he hovered above his little brother.

"Man, you were supposed to start at five. What happened to that plan", he asked, his voice cracked at the end, scurrying to the door, still tripping on air. One thing he learned growing up with Nathaniel was to never ever get him infuriated.

It was a catch-22 situation when they were little. Now, Andrew didn't have their mom to put Nathaniel in time out for tormenting him. They were too old for that. And, he was far too old for spankings.

Nathaniel picked up Andrew's Jordan's off the floor, poor boy still dressed with 'swag'. Nathaniel couldn't wait for the day he updated his looks like he did.