𝟒 | 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐌𝐘 𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒

TWO WEEKS SURPASSED BY since Ermias heard from Boogie and for those two consecutive weeks, he hasn't seen her either— it wasn't like her to not come to school. That was more of Ermias' doing.

She can't be that upset with me, he thought as he toggled through his apologetic messages that Boogie failed to reply to.

It was after school hours at Hamilton High School while Ermias decided to treat himself to a freshly-rolled blunt as he waited for Tanisha's return from the principal's office. The thought of being a high school graduate in less than twenty-four hours was something he didn't feel the need to be proud of. Seeing his cap and gown lying neatly in the backseat of his car only allowed him to think about Boogie more, considering she is who convinced him to walk the stage with her.

Ermias pulled his Motorola Razr V3 from his lap that was partially covered in weed stems and seeds, pressing the green phone button to display his recent calls— all were outgoing to Boogie. After being repeatedly directed to her voicemail, Ermias closes his phone without thinking to press the red button. With more time passing, Ermias finally sees Tanisha in the distance as she grasp onto her Gucci handbag along with a few unknown forms in her hand. Tanisha found herself to be highly fashionable— more than others and that was one of the many things Ermias appreciates about her. She knew how to maintain the upkeep of herself and it was attractive.

Tanisha's heels strides along the pavement as she entered Ermias car through the passenger side. "Took you long enough, nigga." said Ermias.

Tanisha immediately kissed her teeth, "Boy, please! I was not in there that long plus that's the price of having to care of business."

"So you think you on yo' adult shit now?" Ermias questioned with a smirk. "I feel it. So what they say?"

Ermias stretches his arm across the passenger headrest, preparing for the news he was about to be given. "Well, it has been confirmed by the district nurse that I am pregnant..." she said with an indeed head nod of confirmation.

If what the fuck had a face, Ermias would be it. "P—pregnant? I thought you said you had to handle some graduation shit with the principal?" He questioned, confused. "We've only been fuckin' around for a few months on some friend shit, g. How can you be pregnant?" Ermias continued.

Tanisha harshly stared at Ermias, unable to decipher out what his words were trying to convey, "What kind of dumb ass question is that? How can you be pregnant?" She mocked. "The same way we fuck without a condom, that's how!" Tanisha spat in offense.

"Oh, what? You don't want this baby?"

Ermias sighs, "I ain't sayin' that, Nish, but a kid? How can we raise a baby when we just kids ourselves?" he asked softly. This was far from the news he was expecting to hear.

"I don't know, but you better find out something and get ready 'cause if think I'm gonna let you talk me into gettin' an abortion, then you must be fuckin' crazy, nigga."

Ermias couldn't believe what he was hearing. "You know what, let me just take you home." he suggested. "Yeah, you better!"

His emotion were all over the place. His mind rambled with questions and his heart raced about ninety-five miles an hour. This is the most blindsided he's ever been. The drive to Tanisha's apartment complex was quiet, as expected. Deeply, Ermias felt the slightest bit of joy but everything felt like it was crashing down over his head all at once.

How can I explain this to moms? He thought repetitively— her opinion was his biggest concern moving forward. Ermias pulled into the narrow entrance gate of Tanisha's apartment complex where parked in an empty parking stall. Not being able to completely turn off the engine, Tanisha didn't wait a second before snatching off her seat belt and slamming the passenger side door.