𝟒.𝟓 | 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐄𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐘 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐌𝐘 𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒

THE SPOTLIGHTS OF THE Staples Center illuminated the night sky for hours on end. Ermias feet dangled loosely along the edge of the rooftop while he finished the last inch and a half of his blunt— this seemed to be the only thing to calm his nerves for right now. Ermias' forearm rested behind his head as he maneuvered from the last sent message from Boogie to the time on his home screen, filled with thoughts and emotions he was unable to manifest. His mother's choice of words placed some insightful realizations onto him like never before and for that matter it was needed that the two friends have a conversation sooner than later.

Boogie was stuck in a daydream, staring out of the back passenger window of the bus. Her emotions have been hectic every since her argument with Ermias in the school stairwell. So many thoughts, what-ifs, and assumptions were the only things she entertained for the past two weeks and because of that, she didn't feel like herself and with the sudden conversations of Tanisha being pregnant, Boogie needed answers. The bus came to a jolted stop in front of Ermias' house as she noticed his car parked in the driveway.

"Here's your stop, child." said Charles, the bus driver. "I didn't ask to come here."she blandly spoke. Charles sighed, "No, you did not, but you know I can't drive you around the city all night. I can get fired just for doing this as it is."

"It's okay, Char'. You can always go work for my dad." Boogie insisted, standing up from her regular seat in the far back. "I like my job better." he chuckles. The bus doors opened automatically while Boogie made an exit. "You know, child..." Charles' insert caused Boogie to turn on her heels.

"I don't mean to get all up in your business, but you're going to be alright. I just want to let that sit with you." Boogie barely smiled, "Thank you, Char'. Have a good night." she farewells as the bus doors come to a soft close. Charles returned a smile before driving away. Boogie's fingers lingered on the opening latch of the fence, mentally debating with herself if arriving to Ermias' was the best and only idea to mend their friendship— or was it not?

Here goes to nothing. Boogie thought, lifting the latch to enter. She stepped forth into the front yard, continuing towards the side of the house where Ermias' bedroom window was at. She almost immediately noticed him seated on the roof. "You comin' up or what, Boog?" he asks.

"No, Ermias. I didn't come here tonight to hang out, so are you coming down? Because if not, I'm going back home." says Boogie. Ermias sighs, "Can you stop actin' like some uppity ass bitch for once?" he asked while hopping down from the roof with a Hennessy bottle in his hand. Ermias continued with a sigh, "My bad, Boog. I ain't mean that shit."

Boogie purposely disregarded Ermias' remark, "Why am I here, Ermias?" she asked, folding her arms before her chest. "I wish you would stop callin' a nigga that, for real." he scoffed. "That is your name, right?" she emphasizes.

"Not for you it ain't." Ermias spat. Boogie sighs, shaking her head in one motion, "Why am I here?" she asked once more.

Ermias smacked his lips, "Well, since we honestly speakin' n—"

"There's no we, Ermias. I'm not talking, you are." Boogie interrupted in a stern manner.

"See, there you go with that smart ass mouth, Boog. Cut it, my nigga." He continued, "Like I was sayin'... a nigga missed you, I ain't seen yo' ass in two weeks, you ain't respond to none of my texts na' mean. What's up with that?"

Ermias took a step closer to minimize his distance between Boogie though she didn't bother to take a step back as he thought she would have. "You know, you got a lot of nerves right now." Boogie abruptly relayed.

"I got a lot of nerves? Psst! You got me fucked up, g." Ermias continued, "I believe it's the other way around." he said turning the bottle up to his head. Boogie said nothing in response as she wandered her eyes in all directions but his— filled with a great amount of displeasure.

"What you all quiet fo' now?"

Boogie remained silent.

"You know a nigga love you, right?" Ermias continued, lightly grazing his thumb across Boogie's cheekbone. "Then why is she pregnant, Ermias?!"

"Huh?" Boogie continued to ask.

"And you love me? You go out and get another bitch pregnant and you have the audacity to sit here in my face and tell me you love me." She continued, "What about me, huh? What about my baby you made me abort? What about my pain and suffering?" Boogie ranted on continuously.

"Look, man, I ain't make you do shit, okay? You made the conscious decision to kill our baby at yo' own will 'cause college was more important to yo' ass." Ermias continued, "Well, guess what? News flash, my nigga, you got what you wanted."

"Do you love h—her?" Boogie asked as her tears ran uncontrollably. Ermias sighs, "What does it matter if I do or I don—"

"Answer my damn question!"

"No!"

"I don't love her, Boog." says Ermias. "She don't mean shit to me and she knows that, so why are still tryin' to give me a hard time?"

As easy as it was to be truthful, Ermias chose not to be and because of that he witnessed a twelve-year friendship diminishing before his eyes. Boogie and Ermias were bonded through some of the darkest secrets they share, one of them being the feticide of their unborn child. Although it was never discussed, a part of Ermias went absent two years ago. He loathed for Boogie's decision for a while, not realizing her reason for doing what was needed to be done— she wanted more out of life and going to college was being the one reason of many others.

"Then, why is she pregnant with your baby?" Boogie cried. "Is she getting an abortion too?"

Here, Ermias was back where he started two years ago— everything was definitely repeating itself.

"The baby isn't mine." said Ermias.

seems like Ermias and Boogie
have a lot of history...
on to graduation day!