Chapter 16 | Passionate?

"Even the prettiest woman could feel insecure if she loves a wrong man.
What makes her beautiful is a man who can treat her right."
-#86, The Gentleman's Guide

**********

**********

     "This plan is fantastic, Ms. Archer. I'm sure Mr. Anderson likes it too. What do you think?" Tal notes.

     Mustering a well practiced professional smile, I direct it towards Anderson, hoping that bastard approves. We've been having trouble with this man for sometime. He's been trying to manipulate others into disapproving.

     "Yeah... It seems alright but I'm afraid Ms. Archer, I cannot quiet understand the concept," he replies.

     "Well, Mr. Anderson, I'm afraid too, that I can only explain it to you. I cannot understand it for you," I reply patiently, trying to keep my anger at cheek. Reddening at my comment, he ignores it while Fishman stifles a snort.

     "Yeah, yeah.. I get it now. Please do show me where I should place my signatures,"he grunts. Finally...

      After signing the papers, Anderson leaves with a handshake, while Fishman hangs back. "That was fun, wasn't it?" He asks grinning. "Really! That's what you call fun. It seemed like stretched never-ending Cyclops goo to me," I retort back, rolling my eyes as I shut my laptop.

    "Cyclops goo...." He repeats after me and starts laughing. "Why Ms. Archer, you've got an interesting choice of words? I'm impressed."

    "Oii shut up will you? Anyways, I gotta leave now. By the way, Tal, mail me the new agreement, huh?" I say shaking my head at him. "Yeah, sure. Bly, you gotta ride home or what?"

  "Yep. Besides am meeting up with Tess."

  "That's cool. See ya then," he hugs me and kisses my cheek.

    Tal Fishman, was one of my high school buddies. Was the class clown. He also happened to be one of the major investors in our holdings. Fun guy to be with. Knows how to cheer me up. Also happened to be a notorious playboy.

    Heading to my car, I check my phone to see a couple of texts from Rick.

Rick: Missing you already 😔😔 11.06
Rick: Are you there? 11.32
Rick: Text me when your meeting's over 😙😙 11.33
Rick: I'm waiting, baby 👀👀 12.46

  Smiling to myself, I decide to text him back.

Blythe: Meeting's over.
Miss you too baby.
🥰🥰13.06

Rick: Are you returning back now? 13.06

Blythe: No, I promised that
I'd meet up with Tessa.
I'll return after lunch, Kay?
13.07