𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 12

((a/n: Oh boi it's been a while since I updated this story and I honestly have no excuse for it other than me being a lazy fuck and hitting a writer's block for a while yikes. But since I'm still stuck at home and I've decided to not do my exams in May, I hopefully can get back to regular updates))

~~~

"I swear if I see them flirt one more time I will gauge my eyes out" Shaela mumbled, face scrunching up in a grimace as she watched Lilith and Geralt being all lovey-dovey together. She really didn't need to see the whole flirting ordeal, but it was almost impossible to find Lilith alone.

2 whole days of spying, 2 whole days of wanting to dig a hole to bury herself in and 2 whole days of no solid proof of Lilith being a Selkie yet. Perhaps she had been mistaken and the other female was just normal, and Shaela had let her jealousy got the better of her (even if she is still in full denial that she's jealous).

The dark-haired female was about ready to just give up and move on when Lilith finally seemed to leave Geralt. A perfect moment to stalk the blonde female to see where she was going.

"Keep an eye on Geralt, I'll follow after Lilith" Shaela turned to address Jaskier and Zoltan, who both gave a nod in response and went after the white-haired Witcher while she herself went after the female.

Lilith seemed to walk quite a good distance away from Flotsam until she came upon a medium-sized pond. She stood by the water's edge, peering into the water as Shaela tried to stay close enough to hear her, yet far away enough to not be spotted.

"Soon my sweeties. You'll have a meal like no other" the blonde female spoke softly towards the water, lips curled up into a smile. A soft, screech like sound came from the water as small figures floated up to the surface.

The figures were somewhat humanoid, with long messy hair and a horrid look as if they once had been beautiful women but were mutilated and misformed over time. There was no doubt about what those creatures were and what Lilith herself was.

"Selkies" Shaela spoke to herself, though being a bit too loud without meaning to and successfully gaining the attention of the Selkies. She cursed under her breath, half-relieved she wasn't spotted yet nervous that she would be found as Lilith slowly approached her hiding place.

She held her breath, staying as hidden as she could behind the tree while the other female got closer. As if fortune was with her for once, the sound of the Selkies screeching and moaning got Lilith to return her attention to her younglings, softly cooing at them.

The black-haired female took this opportunity to slip away and return to Flotsam, feeling triumphant that she had been right after all. Now all that was left to do was deal with Lilith, or break the control she had over Geralt. The latter would take at least a day or two to brew the potion, and the first option would be very tricky with Lilith always clinging to Geralt's side.

At least she could count on her two new friends for any help she might need. As she made her way back towards the town, she weighted the two options she had of dealing with the Selkie problem. One part of her wanted to be the one to take care of Lilith, yet the other part of her wanted to keep moving on as they had already been Flotsam for way longer than planned.

Being caught up in her own thoughts, she didn't even notice when she had entered Flotsam until she bumped into a hard chest. Glancing up, she nearly cowered at the harsh glare from Geralt. Just her luck to run into the one person she didn't want to run into.

"Why can't you just leave her alone" Geralt started, glaring down at Shaela. The female glared right back, letting out a huff as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"She's a Selkie queen. I saw her out by the lake. She was talking to these.... things... in the water. And sh-" she began, only to be cut off.

"Enough. First you make up all these lies and now you stalk her as well. This jealousy has to stop" the witcher spoke, his voice rising slightly with every word, "Coming with you on this quest was a mistake. Just accept that your parents are dead and you're a freak with magic."

Shaela's eyes widened at his words. Never would she have thought that Geralt of all people would call her a freak giving his nature and how he was treated as a Witcher. She took a deep breath, mumbling a soft "fine" under her breath as she headed back towards the inn.

She could feel the tears form in her eyes at his hurtful words, but she refused to let them fall. She knew that it was Lilith's control that made him more aggressive, yet his words hurt a lot.

The female didn't even acknowledge Jaskier and Zoltan, who had been in a heated discussion of whatever when she passed by. She needed to get away from this place and from Geralt after what had just happened.

Once in her room, she let the tears fall, a muffled sob leaving her. She slid down to the ground, letting the tears all out for a few minutes before regaining her composure. She packed her belongings, planning to leave Flotsam first thing in the morning. She would still make the potion for Geralt, it was one thing she could still do to get rid of Lilith after all, even if she probably would already be gone when he would be back to his old self.