𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 11

((a/n: So this story disappeared from my list when I wanted to edit it yesterday due to a server issue with Wattpad and holy shit I nearly had a heart attack. It's back now but jeez I legit thought I had lost all of it and I was ready to yeet myself tbh-))

~~~

Shaela didn't know why she was so worried over Geralt. It wasn't like Lilith could get anything from him given he is a Witcher. And yet those thoughts on what she would possibly do to him once she figures that out were what worried her.

Sure the white-haired Witcher was capable enough to take care of himself, but then again he had been completely out of it since she had him under her control. So it was up to Shaela to help him out.

And so she made her way towards one of the local shops for ingredients. She had found a quick scribble in the book on a potion that could break a Selkie's spell, though honestly they ingredients didn't seem like ones you could easily buy at a vendor. 

She spotted Geralt not too far away, Lilith being nowhere in sight. Perhaps she could try to speak to Geralt and get him to see reason. She made her way over to the male, gently tapping him on the arm.

"Geralt, we need to talk. Alone. It's important" she spoke softly, almost shrinking in on herself at the glare he gave her. He didn't speak a word, but his expression alone told her that she would very unlikely be able to get him to see reason.

"Lilith isn't who she seems. I believe... I believe she might be a Selkie queen, and she has you under her control" Shaela had to pick her words carefully so as to not set the male off. But the only response she got was a scoff, a mumble of a "get lost" and then the cold shoulder.

"For fuck's sake just listen to me" the black-haired female growled, grabbing hold of the male's arm to get him to look at her. The glare he gave her brought forth some fear in her, but she didn't let it show.

"Lilith is a normal person and there's nothing wrong with her. Stop making up lies just because you're jealous" he spoke in a low tone, one that sent shivers down Shaela's spine and would make anyone piss their pants in fear.

As if everything was against her, the blonde female just had to show up at that exact time. She glared at the other female, standing in between her and Geralt with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Leave us alone. If you wanted him for yourself so badly you should have done something earlier. He's mine now and your jealous ass won't get him back" Lilith spoke, seeming ready to attack Shaela at any moment (who in turn was also ready to attack the female at any moment).

Geralt held the blonde back, softly shaking his head to keep her from doing any harm and gently tugging her away. Yet the two females kept glaring at each other, and any bypasser could say it was very close to ending in a cat-fight.

"Hmph, let's go dear. She isn't worth our time" Lilith mumbled after a few minutes, turning around and lacing her arm with Geralt's before dragging him off to who-knows-where.

"Bitch" Shaela mumbled under her breath, watching the two with a glare until they were out of sight. She let out a sigh, softly shaking her head as she set off to get the simple ingredients she could buy at a vendor.

She nearly jumped out of her skin when Jaskier seemed to pop up out of nowhere, though he had simply been watching the whole ordeal from afar and decided to check up on her.

"Geralt is an idiot for not seeing the mistake he's making" the bard mumbled, frowning as he walked beside Shaela. The female shrugged her shoulders in response, clearly not wanting to think about it at the moment.

"I found a recipe for a potion to break a Selkie's spell. Don't know if it'll work for a Selkie queen's spell, but it's worth a try"  she noted, gathering some basic ingredients from one of the elven vendors, along with some extra stuff for other things.

Getting the basic ingredients for the potion was easy, and lucky she still had the coins from the reward of killing the Nekkers. Then there were the unusual ingredients that would be much harder to obtain. Jaskier even offered to help her out, but she didn't want to risk it if he had to fight any monsters (and the bard was clearly not a fighter).

"You can help me create the potion once I have all the ingredients" she offered, smiling at the excited look on the brunette's face as they made their way back towards the inn for a drink and some lunch.

"Geralt still being a prick?" Zoltan noted as he joined the two for lunch. Shaela responded with a nod as she read over the info she had on Selkies. The dwarf gave her a questioning look at what she was reading, so she showed him and informed him of her plan.

"How can you be so sure she is really a Selkie and not something else?" the dwarf asked. The female, however, actually hadn't thought over it or did any research. She opened and closed her mouth like a fish out of the water as she tried to give a reason.

"I... I'm actually not really sure... But it's the only thing that fitted with everything about her. I never thought of making sure I was right..." she honestly felt a little stupid for jumping to a conclusion so quickly, and for a brief second a voice in her head blamed it on her jealousy, though she was quick to shake off that thought. No way would she be jealous over someone she wasn't even interested in.

Now she had to spy on Lilith, which would be nearly impossible to catch her alone with the way she always clung into Geralt, make sure the blonde really was a Selkie and then deal with breaking the control she had over the Witcher.

"Fuck me" she mumbled as she ran a hand down her face, followed a groan as she got up and left the inn, Jaskier and Zoltan following to offer whatever help they could to help their old friend and their new friend.