𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 03

((a/n: I'm not entirely sure about this story tbh since it feels like there isn't much interest in it I guess, so updates will be slow. I might consider deleting it at some point if it isn't going anywhere, but for now, I'll leave it around in case there might be a bit more interest at some point (at least until a little after the Netflix Series is released)))

~~~

Shaela speed-walked towards the market area, the images of the strange male playing over and over in her head. There was no doubt that he was Witcher. He had the same yellow cat-like eyes that her adoptive parents had and she knew that they were Witchers.

As she spotted Davac she made her way over to him, a look of confusion and concern on her face. The older male furrowed his brows at her expression, placing both hands on her arms.

"There's another Witcher here. At the Blacksmith" she spoke, shaking slightly. Davac's eyes widened in surprise at the news, his gaze moving up to see if the stranger might have appeared in the market area. 

Shaela followed his gaze, a sigh leaving her mouth as she couldn't find the stranger. The frown on her face returned as she looked back at Davac with a questioning look. She was about to speak when another voice startled her.

"Never thought a Witcher would be selling vegetables and meat at a market" a deep voice spoke up, causing Davac and Shaela to both turn to the person that stood behind them. Davac looked at the male in front of them, a small frown settled in his face.

"Geralt?" the brown-haired male questioned as if he somewhat recognized the other. The other male frowned for a brief second before he too seemed to recognize the other.

"Davac? I haven't seen you since you finished your training at the Wolf School" the white-haired male smirked as the two males shook hands. Shaela just gave them both a confused look but figured they might have attended the same Witcher School at some point.

Geralt's gaze suddenly moved over to her, and he frowned as he looked her over. The female shrunk slightly under his intense gaze, a frown settling on her face. Davac noticed her discomfort and wrapped an arm around her shoulder for comfort.

"This is Shaela, my adopted daughter" he spoke, giving the girl's shoulder a small squeeze. Geralt only seemed to continue frowning at her, his yellow eyes looking with her green ones.

"She's an elf" he suddenly spoke up, stating the obvious as her ears were pointed like an elf. His words made her scoff, giving the male a glare. No one had given her commentary on her being an elf, but then again the village was fairly open to all races compared to most other places.

"No shit I am an elf" she spoke through gritted teeth, about to go off in an offended rant if it wasn't for Davac squeezing her shoulder a little bit tighter. She shrugged the arm from her shoulders, mumbling an "asshole" under her breath as she stomped off to go cool off.

Davac watched her with a frown, letting out a soft sigh before turning to look at the other Witcher. He knew how sensitive she was about her heritage given she had been taken in by him and his wife when she was just a baby.

"Please forgive her. She's a half-elf I believe. We found her in Shadowfort shortly after the village got burned down by the dragon attack. She was the only survivor, just a baby that had been hidden away safely" he spoke softly, frowning slightly.

Geralt watched the girl walk away with narrowed eyes, his gaze catching the silver blade strapped to her back which was clearly a Witcher blade judging from the wolf design at the end of the handle. He hadn't really meant to sound hateful of her being an elf. He was simply surprised by the fact that a Witcher had been raising her.

Shaela stomped her way towards the blacksmith, having a need to rant her frustrations to her friend Damien. She kicked up pebbles along the path, letting out a frustrated sigh while racking her hands through her long, dark brown hair.

As she reached the blacksmith, she didn't even need to say anything to her friend Damien before he walked over to her with a frown and dragging her into the house connected to the forge. He made her sit down, handing her a cup of water which she gulped down in one go.

"What has you pissed off today? Don't tell me it's that asshole hitting on you again..." the black-haired male spoke up, crossing his arms over his chest as he sat down on a chair across from the girl.

Shaela shook her head, gaze glued to the now empty cup in her hand as her brows furrowed. A million thoughts ran through her head, but the image of the white-haired male always popped up. She let out a loud groan in frustration.

"This other Witcher that was here just as I left is such an asshole. He mentioned the fact I was an elf after Davac introduced me as his adopted daughter. And they knew each other too!" she spoke, throwing her hands up in frustration.

Damien let out a soft chuckle, leaning forward with his arms on the table in front of him. He reached out one hand to grab a hold of one of hers, giving it a gentle squeeze.

"Well, he's probably just passing through town for a monster-hunting job or something. He'll be gone in no time and you won't have to worry about him anymore" he assured her with a gentle smile.

He always seemed to know just exactly how to help her cool down. They had known each other since they were both still in diapers and they always played together. They both knew they could confide in each other and shared their secrets that they couldn't tell anyone else.

Shaela gave him a thankful smile, squeezing his hand in return before getting up. It was getting late and by this time she usually would be packing up with her father to return home. Damien decided to tag along to the market to see this Witcher for himself and to stretch his legs after working in the forge for a while.

"Tell me, is he at least handsome?" the male asked in a joking tone, receiving a screech and a slap on the arm in response. He let out a laugh, nudging her shoulder as they made their way to the market place.

Davac had packed up the few things that hadn't sold and stood there waiting for Shaela to return. Geralt was still there, the two chatting over Witcher related things just as Shaela and Damien reached them.

"Good afternoon Damien. We were just about to head back to our home if you want to come over for dinner. I'm sure Shaela here would like that" Davac smiled as he greeted the black-haired boy, giving him a handshake.

"Well, it's been a while since I visited Shaela at your place, and Yunna does have the best cooking skills in the world" Damien grinned as he hopped into the back of the cart, Shaela joining when she noticed Geralt had moved to sit on the passenger side of the front of the cart.

She rolled her eyes as Davac hoped on and started to lead the horse to their house. She pulled her knees up to her chest, watching the road as the cart moved. Damien nudged her, giving her a small comforting smile at the clear discomfort she felt.

"He certainly is attractive" he whispered so the two adults at the front wouldn't hear them. A light blush spread across her cheeks as she had to keep herself from shoving her friend off the cart.

"Oh my gosh. Your gay is showing again. Why don't you just marry him then if you think that he's so attractive?" she mumbled, lips curling up into a smirk as she wiggled her eyebrows at him. This, in turn, caused Damien to blush a dark red as he nearly choked on his breath.

The two burst out in giggles, gaining the attention of Davac and Geralt. The white-haired male turned his gaze to look at the two young adults in the back, watching them interact and joke around with each other.

He couldn't help but stare at Shaela. There was something about her that piqued his interest, and it wasn't just the fact that she was an elf raised by two Witchers. There was an aura surrounding her that he never seen before, like hidden powers that hadn't fully been discovered yet. Whatever it was, she nor Davac or Yunna knew about it from what the other male Witcher had told him.