Chapter 14-Big trouble

“Katrina what happened today cannot be overlooked!” Mr Nealson shouted. I was sitting quietly in his office for the second time in two days and so far I hadn’t said a word. 

“You have gone too far and this time you are not getting away with it.”

“What rules have I broken?” I exclaimed in disgust, “I didn’t do anything to Abigail!”

“So you say.” He interrogated, “So where is this proof that you promised me?”

“I had it Sir…” I started, “But Abigail ripped it up.”

I was beginning to realise how unbelievable this sounded and when Mr Nealson shook his head, my heart sank just a little bit lower.

“I’m sorry but you’ve broken too many rules for me to make exceptions.” I sat up in my chair and watched him in disbelief.

 “First this trouble with Abigail, then breaking the school uniform rules…”

This could not be happening- I had defence for all of those accusations, but when I opened my mouth to protest he silenced me.

“Skateboarding in the playground and finally, not participating in class work.” He finished and he set down his glass on the desk and looked at me intently. 

“This is your last day at this school.”

He looked down to start writing in his notebook as if nothing had happened and I just stared at him dumbly. “I’m sorry?” I asked and he looked up at me.

“You are no longer a member of this school.” He repeated, looking down again like he just expected me to accept that and go home.

“There is no way that you’re telling me that I’m expelled, because of Abigail.” I stammered.

“We don’t want this kind of trouble in our school, I’m sorry if you feel like you’re not to blame.” He said calmly.

“Oh course I feel like that because it’s true!” I exclaimed, “This is not fair!”

Nr Nealson didn’t look up from his notebook and I shook my head in disbelief.

 “Why won’t anyone ever believe me?” My hand tensed on the arm rest. “You know what, fine.”

I stood up, grabbing my blazer and walking out of the room. The corridor was completely silent, everyone had gone back to class and I walked-as if in a dream-towards the exit. 

As I leaned against the wall for a moment my eyes landed on the fire alarm next to me. I felt the anger in my stomach and it gradually rose until I couldn’t take it anymore…

The glass around the fire album smashed and pain shot through my hand. But a moment later all I felt was satisfaction as the fire alarm began to ring. This plan may be crazy, but I was going to make sure that everyone heard what I was going to say…