Chapter 7-Ambush

• Dedicated to Colin

“Sorry, that it had to come down to this but your brother has done something that we do not appreciate and so we need to show him that we’re serious about this.” The boy explained, walking towards me.

“Look, I don’t know anything about what they do, so don’t ask me.” I said.

“Shall I tell you?” He asked grimly, “Yesterday a couple of your brothers members cornered my mate and told him to give us a message.”

“What was the message?” I swallowed, he was standing dangerously close me now but there was no more room between me and the wall.

“Well, since he’s now in hospital I guess we’ll never know.”

For a slit second I could see the hurt behind his eyes and I felt a stab of guilt and then it was gone.

“I’m sorry, this isn’t your fault.” He said. I realised what was coming and I tried to dodge around him but he pulled me back. Before I could do anything he had my arm in a tight grip and he held a glistening knife beside my neck. “Now, you tell Jason not to come near us again. Or…” As he said these words he pressed the knife into my skin and drew it across, behind my ear. The searing pain spread through my body like fir but I grinded my teeth together until the pain lessened.

“I’m sorry!” I cried and the boy stopped in surprise.

“What did you say?” He asked.

“I’m sorry for what they did. I didn’t know and if I did I would have stopped them.” I  said and he stepped backwards.

Just at that moment I heard a voice say, “What are you doing?”

I looked up and saw Colin looking at me as if I was crazy. The rival member turned and his face turned to stone when he saw who it was.

“You are responsible for what happened yesterday!” He shouted, pointing at Colin.

“It wasn’t me Tom.” Colin said calmly.

“No, but don’t deny that you were there.” He said. When Colin didn’t reply he walked up to him. “He didn’t even do anything to you, why didn’t you stop them?”

“Would you have stop it if it was the other way around.”  Colin sated rhetorically. Tom glared at him before punching Colin in the face.

“Go!” Colin called to me and I hesitated, “Just go, I’ll meet you later.”

I did what he said and ran  back towards home, only after seeing Colin punch the boy.

*

“What happened to you?” Jason asked as I walked through the front door.

“Nothing,” I said before going upstairs and washing the blood from the cut and placing a plaster over it.

A couple of minutes later I was starting to get worried about Colin. What if something had happened to him? Should I have told Jason what happened? What if-

As these thoughts were running through my mind, the door opened and Colin walked in; perfectly fine apart from a bruise on his jaw.

I breathed a sigh of relief and he walked up to me and looked at my cut.

“Are you ok?” He asked worriedly, “I think that you may have to go and get that checked out at the doctors tomorrow.”  

I just looked at him. I still couldn’t quite believe that he was standing in front of my all in one piece.

“What?” He said suspiciously. I smiled before hugging him.

“Thanks.” I said.

__________________________________

Hi! Vote if you would like me to write more cute scenes with Colin! ;-P