Chapter 17

Ok. I'll try to make this fast.
I know I haven't updated a lot in the last few months, and I'm sorry about that.
Nothing bad has happened that's made me not want to update, it's just two main reasons:
1. I'm in my last year of school and everything I do now will pretty much stay with me forever.
2. I'll be honest, I couldn't really be bothered to update.

This update here doesn't mean that I'll be updating frequently, I just want to make that clear and not want to destroy your expectations. However, I'll update whenever I get the chance or if you start asking me to, I'll see what I can do.
Another quick note: I've change the layout if how I write this story just so that I can write it much faster.

Thank you for your patience.

--------

There was a lot that was floating through my mind. Things like; what if this goes wrong, where will it leave us? Truth be told, I don't feel like his blood has done any effect to me. I still feel the same. That can't be right, can it? Swiftly, I walked in front of the window that faced out the back. I can see him, smiling and having fun. As if he knew I was watching, he looked up at me and smiled. Why aren't I smiling back? His smile dropped and he excused himself from the conversation he was having. He made his way towards the house, his eyes not dropping from mine. As soon as I could no longer see him, I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I twisted around and saw him looking at me concerned. "Are you alright?" His hand cupped my check as he looked across my whole face, trying to find out what's bothering me. "He didn't come to you again did he?"

"I don't know what's wrong with me. I just don't really feel... Anything." His look of concerned grew. "Maybe if I just sleep, I'll feel better in the morning." I moved away from his touch and fell face first onto the bed.

"Shout me if you need anything." I could sense that he was still looking at me but I made no effort to look back. I just fell into deep slumber.

I woke up the next day, feeling as if I've only just slept for 5 minutes. I groaned in protest as soon as I heard the grand clock signal that it was 10am. I rolled over to my other side and came face-to-face with Bruno. He was looking in my eyes, as if he was searching for something. "How do you feel today?"

I looked at him and felt a smile finding it's way onto my face. "Over only been away for a few seconds and you're already asking me that?" He smile back and shrugged his shoulder. "I feel a bit better. Have you even been to sleep?" I could see that he looked quite drained. When he didn't answer my concern grew. "You need to sleep! Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. And like you said, if I need anything I'll just ask you."

"How can I blot be concerned when I love you? Something wasn't right last night and it's been bothering me as to find out what it was." He explained and pulled me closer towards him.

"And how did that go." He sighed and closed his eyes. I kissed his forehead and tried his full myself out of his grasp so I could get up and get ready. His arms pulled me back towards him and his eyes reopened.

"Where do you think your going?" A playful smile appeared on his face. He rolled us over so we were on longer on our side and he was now hovering over me.

His eyes looked dark red again. He quickly rolled off from me. "Bruno." I called him. "You're hungry, aren't you." He didn't say anything but turned his head so I couldn't see his face. "Hey. Look at me" I called him. Slowly, his head twisted back towards me. They were still red and were losing their brown colour quickly. "I've just realised. We didn't exchange blood. You only gave me yours."

His eyes widened and he sat up on his elbows. Worry overtook his expression. "No. No, it can't be too late." He repeated. His eyes darted back towards me. "We need to exchange in order for it to work. Damn it! It can't be too late. It can't. I can't lose you!" He looked frustrated with himself.

"We can just do it now then." I suggested. How will it be too late?

"You don't understand. Your feeling for Miles my be too strong to override now. It won't make any difference." He panicked. "I don't want to lose you." His voice cracked.

"We won't know if we don't try." I offered him my wrist. He looked at it for a few moments before taking it in his hands. The faint clicking noise of his teeth could be heard over the silence shared between us.

He bit into his own and moved it towards me. "Let's do this together." As soon as my mouth touched his wound, his did with mine.

It still tasted the same. Why don't I like it the way I liked Miles'? I ignored that thought and pushed it towards the back of my mind and focused on this feeling. But what is this feeling? What should I feel?

As soon as we both pulled away, our uneven breathing could be heard. His eyes turned back to their normal colour and I looked at him, taking in every detail that I could see. "I was thinking we could take a walk through the forest today, just like we used to years ago."

I smiled at the memory. "Sure. I would like that."

After we had our quick breakfast, we made our way to the forest that was a 5 minute walk from the house.

The familiar trees brought back memories. The path that we always used to take was starting to get overgrown as the path started to get forgotten. "I haven't been here in a long time"

"Same here. That's why I thought we could relive that memory." We held hands as we walked between the enormous trees either side of us.

After a few quiet moments and the crunching should if out feet standing on the twigs I asked him. "How did you meet Miles?" That question has been with me ever since I first saw him at the studio and I felt relief that I could finally get it out.

"He's the one that found me as soon as I was turned. I remember feeling lost and having no idea what was going on. That's when he found me. He told me all the basics. How to hunt, why I'm going though all these mixed emotions and how to control them. He wouldn't let me go back to my life, the way it was before. I couldn't see or talk to you. So, I made him a deal, which was stupid of me. I would give him something that I treasured in my human life. Something that meant a lot to me. And he would set me free."

"So you offered to give me to him?" I stopped walking and looked at him in shock and anger. "Why would you do that?" I let go of his hand and look some steps back.

"What? No. I didn't mean to give you to him. You're something that I treasured, yes. But I thought he meant money or material things. Not people. That's why I told him not you." He started to take steps closer to me, slowly, trying to show that he meant no harm. "But that thing with Miles is. When he wants something, he goes after it and doesn't stop. No matter what. That's why I need to protect you!" He explained.

"You should have thought about that before you made a deal with him." I couldn't stop the words before they came out. Did I really mean to be so cruel to him? Is that how I'm feeling?

I could see the hurt written all over his face. "I'm sorry." He whispered.

What's wrong with me? Why am I acting this way towards him.
Oh no.
It didn't work.