Chapter Ten

Before Chan could say anything, Jisung's phone started to ring with an upcoming video call. The cute nickname on the screen made Chan understand it was Felix the one calling.

"Should I pick up?" Jisung asked, his gaze switching from Chan to Changbin.

"Don't tell him we're here. I think hyung might faint if he sees him right now and if he knows I'm here he will beg me to tell him about his soulmate," Changbin explained quickly, Jisung already picking up the call before Felix could put it down.

"Lix!" Jisung greeted through the phone as soon as the video call connected and Felix's face appeared on the screen. "How are you? Changbin-hyung told me you got your mark," he continued, Chan giving him a death glare from the other side of the table. He was torn between wanting to run away and listen carefully to every single word Felix had to say about the matter.

"I did! Jisungie, it's so beautiful and I'm so happy. I made some research this morning and I found my mark is supposed to be a constellation standing for a compass," Felix explained and, even though Chan couldn't see him, the fondness in his low voice was still clear as the day.

"Lix, that's so adorable. I can't wait for you to find them and match that mark," Jisung wished, his words honest but still clearly meant not just for Felix but for Chan as well.

Chan had stopped in the middle of the room, staring at nothing while listening to the excited voice of his soulmate wishing to find their match soon– his match who was literally standing on the other side of the phone, hidden away from him.

"I really can't wait either," Felix sighed dreamily, his voice taking a warm tint. "Also, did you hear anything from Changbin-hyung? He literally told me he might know who my soulmate is and then he disappeared into thin air," Felix asked, sounding now whiny. Chan noticed how Changbin was sporting a guilty expression, probably realising it hadn't been his greatest move to tell Felix that. Because of that, now Chan felt more pressured than he already was and Felix was on edge to know what his best friend was hiding from him.

"Mhh, nope, he didn't tell me anything. Maybe he got it wrong or didn't think I knew the person he's thinking of," Jisung tried to reason, shrugging his shoulders, looking rather casual about it. Both Changbin and Chan were really thankful for him at that moment.

"Oh, are you at Chan's house?" Felix asked suddenly, his name making Chan freeze for a hot second. He thought he could never get over how sweet his own name sounded when coming out of Felix's lips.

"Yes, but hyung is in the shower right now," Jisung quickly found an excuse, not that mean to drag Chan into the call when he definitely couldn't handle it. Chan had time to send Jisung a thankful look before Changbin was mouthing a "he's pouting" directed at him. From the position he was sitting at, Changbin could clearly see the screen of Jisung's phone –that meant Felix– but the younger couldn't see him at all. Chan felt a blush colour his cheeks.

"Tell Chris I said hi when you see him. I haven't heard from him in ages," Felix whined and this time, Chan didn't need Changbin to tell him Felix was sulking because it was already clear in his voice. He couldn't help the fond smile making its way on his lips at the sound.

"You literally saw him two days ago when you were still here," Jisung laughed in disbelief, enjoying how things were turning out. He cared for his friend a lot and he couldn't help finding it extremely entertaining how Chan's cheeks were getting redder by the second. Meanwhile, Changbin was quickly moving his eyes from Felix to Chan, his smile full of fondness at the sight of his best friend being so invested in Chan and the latter being just as interested in him.

"That's still two days too long," Felix sighed, sounding like one of those overdramatic characters in the movies. While Jisung burst out laughing and Changbin kept silent, shaking his head at his best friend's silliness, Chan's heart was threatening to break at how much he longed to be able to be close to the boy again.

A newfound optimism settled down in his heart at the sound of the freckled boy's laughter coming from the phone in Jisung's hands. That optimism didn't disappear at all in the course of the day and that evening, Chan finally announced to Changbin he was going to confess to Felix the morning after.