Chapter Five

It was not any later than ten in the morning when Chan's phone started ringing, the screen showing a name he didn't think would have ever appeared there. When Felix had first got to Korea, Changbin had created a group with the three of them and Jisung, just in case Felix needed something and Changbin wasn't available. That's how he had got Felix's number, which was now calling him.

"Felix, hey. Is everything okay?" Chan asked when he picked up the call, his voice sounding a bit worried but also perplexed.

"Hey, hyung. Sorry, did I wake you up?" Felix asked back, not answering the first question. Chan pretended not to notice how his heart did a small flip in his chest just at hearing the younger's voice.

"No, don't worry. I've been awake for a couple of hours now," Chan reassured. He had indeed woken up way before the phone call, his head full of lyrics that hadn't let him sleep any longer.

Felix sighed, glad he hadn't disturbed the older too much, but he otherwise stayed silent. Chan was just about to ask if there was something wrong when Felix explained himself.

"It's just that lately Changbin and Minho haven't had time for themselves because I'm here and Minho is staying over now. I was just wondering if I could hang out at your place for a couple of hours? Just to give them a bit of space," Felix explained, his voice sounding suddenly shy as if he was afraid Chan was about to reject him altogether.

Chan found it endearing how Felix kept forgetting about honorifics every time he switched back to English, only using them when he was addressing the person directly.

On the other end of the phone, the silence that followed was just because Chan was taken aback by the question. Not in a negative way, of course. In fact, his ears turned a darker shade of pink just at the idea of having the younger over at his small apartment.

He had probably stayed silent for a bit too long because Felix misunderstood his lack of response.

"It's completely fine if you don't want to, hyung! I can just hang out downtown by myself一" Felix rushed out, just wanting to take back the suggestion Chan had probably found totally out of place.

"No, of course, you can," Chan interrupted him quickly, the younger's panicked voice snapping him out of his thoughts. "Sorry, I just got a bit distracted. But yeah, I'll text you the address. Come over whenever you want," he reassured, his voice sounding softer than he intended it to.

"Awesome, thank you, hyung!" Felix exclaimed. Chan didn't know how, but he could feel it in himself when the younger was smiling that breathtaking smile he showed whenever he was really happy.

When the phone call ended, Chan rushed to clean at least a bit of the mess that his tiny apartment was, excitement running through his veins just at the idea of having Felix over. He wasn't a fool, he knew there was something odd with the way he always felt around Felix but he didn't want to get his hopes up because he knew that having feelings for the younger wasn't an assurance that the boy felt the same about him.

Above all, Chan was extremely afraid of possibly having a crush on someone who wasn't meant to be his soulmate. Felix didn't even have his mark yet and for all he knew, the younger didn't even know what his was. Chan didn't want to convince himself of something that could have been ripped away from him in the course of a single day. 

When the doorbell rang, Chan realised he had been standing in the middle of his living room staring into nothing for the past ten minutes. He quickly rushed to the door, opening it just to find a casually-dressed Felix in all his glory. Chan had long come to terms with the fact that he found Felix absolutely beautiful, no matter what he was wearing or how his hair was styled. He guessed that could have to do with the whole crush thing.