Stay For Tonight

Chapter 1

"Rae!" my dad screamed at me while I was applying eyeliner to my left eyelid making me draw the line way too high.

He's angry again. It's no surprise to me. He's always upset about something. If he would just stop drinking all the time, maybe he wouldn't be so angry all the time.

I quickly walked down the stairs to see what he could possibly want. I learned to do what he wants as fast as possible so it doesn't make him even more angry.

"Rae!" my dad yelled slamming his empty bottle of Jack Daniels on the kitchen floor.

"I'm right here," I said quietly walking into the kitchen.

"You took too long," he slurred. Dad looked me up at down seeing that I was dressed up more than usual. "Where do you think you're going?"

I was wearing my fake D.A.R.E shirt, a black leather jacket, my red skinny jeans, and silver Doc Martians. My eyeliner was applied thicker than usual, and I made sure that my hair was dyed again so that it would look perfect.

"The concert. I asked you if I could go when I bought the tickets, and you said yes. Then I asked you yesterday if I could go, and you said yes again," I said looking down at the floor.

"You're lying!" my dad yelled at me. "You've never mentioned that damn concert before now! I don't like it when you lie to me, Rae! It really pisses me off!"

"I'm not lying," I mumbled playing with my hands.

"Look at me when I'm talking you!" my dad yelled pushing me against the counter. "You are not going to that god damn concert tonight. You got it?" he spat in my face, wrapping his hand around my neck.

"I got it," I gasped out.

"Good. You don't want to know what'll happen to you if you disobey me." he said before throwing me on the floor on top of the broken glass and kicking my side.

I groaned, rolling over grasping my side. He does this to me all the time. He never does it bad enough that it could actually kill me, but he has gotten close. One time, he kicked me so hard that he broke a few of my ribs and made me to go the hospital. I had to lie and say that it was because I was riding my back and had a really bad fall all so he wouldn't get in trouble.

I dragged myself off the floor managing to cut my right hand open in the process. Crawling up the stairs, my hand burned every time I would fall and accidentally catch myself with that hand. In the bathroom, I bandaged up my hand and then called my friend who bought my ticket for the concert.

"Ariana, he said I can't go," I said once she answered the phone.

"Are you fucking serious?" she said pissed. "That fucking asshole. You've asked him a million times if you could go and he said yes."

I sighed. "Yeah, I know. And he called me a liar when I said that.

"So.." she said trailing off. "Are you gonna go or not?"

Sighing, I looked around and then down at my hand. "Yeah, I'm going.

Ariana squealed. "I knew you wouldn't bail on me! And I mean, it's Kellin-fucking-Quinn and Vic-sexy-ass-mother-fucking-mexican-Fuentes! Anyone would love to sneak out to see their sexy faces!"

I laughed. "Yeah, now I just have to figure out how to sneak out. You know my dad always figures this shit out before it even happens."

"You still have that ladder thing in your closet, don't you?" she asked, and you could tell she was smirking.

-------------------

I quietly opened up my window and through the ladder out the window. I listened for any footsteps from my dad before carefully swinging my leg out the window and climbing onto the ladder. The ladder swung side to side as I tried to make my way down. Once I reached the ground, I heard my dad shout my name.

Oh shit.

I took off running down the street until I saw Ariana's car. I told her to park away from my house so my dad wouldn't see her. I jumped into the passenger seat of her car, breathing heavy. Sleeping With Sirens song "Do It Now Remember It Later" was blaring through her speakers.

"Hurry up and drive away!" I shouted, panicking.

"Okay, okay!" she said driving fast away from my house. "What happened?"

"I heard him calling my name as I was climbing out of my window. He probably knows by now that I snuck out to go to that concert."

"Oh, fuck! Please tell me you didn't tell him what concert we're going to," Ariana said gripping the steering wheel.

"I did when I first mentioned the concert months ago, but you know how my dad is. He can't remember shit." I said leaning back against the seat, turning my head to look out the window.

Ariana sang along loudly to the music while we drove to the venue, but I just sat there in silence. I can't sing along right now. I'm too paranoid about my dad now, but once I get there and they begin to play, I'll be like everyone else in the crowd.

Ariana squealed with excitement as we pulled into the venue. She sped around the parking lot looking for the first vacant parking spot she could see, and then jumped out of the car and didn't stop running until she reached the doors.

"Damn, Ariana!" I said, gasping for air when I finally caught up to her. "I've never seen you run so fast before!"

"Well, when perfection is waiting for you, you don't take your time to see them," she said completely out of breath. "Now come on! I gotta start pushing my way to the front so I can see my babies,"

No matter how late Ariana is to a concert, she always manages to make her way to the front in less than 10 minutes. How she does it, I don't know. She's always going to concerts so she has lots of practice. At Warped last year, she managed to push through the wall of death unfazed to get to the front, so she could see Austin Carlile's face up close.

"Okay, I know you're a weak ass mother fucker, so just hold on to me and you'll make it to the front," she said turning around to look at me. "If we somehow get separated, I'm not coming back to get you."

What a great friend she is. But I don't blame her. I'd do the same thing if I was her. If I was so close to the front, I wouldn't turn around to get my friend.

The crowd was bigger than any concert I've ever gone to. It was even bigger than most of the crowds at Warped Tour. When Pierce The Veil and Sleeping With Sirens first started, I had no idea that they'd get this big. At first, no one wanted to let us through, but Ariana pushed them away.

"Move your asses, you whores!" Ariana yelled at the people around her. "I have to see my husband up close!"

After pushing a shoving, we managed to make it to the very front right as the first act began covered in our sweat along with others.

"I am taking the longest shower ever when I get home!" Ariana screamed over everyone's cheers.

Hands Like Houses and Tonight Alive played warming up the crowd, and soon Sleeping With Sirens made their way on stage and the crowd went wild. I have to admit, I fan girled pretty hard when I saw Kellin Quinn stand before me.

I was completely out of breath by the time their set was over. Kellin and I made eye contact a few times while he was performing and I about died inside. Pierce The Veil was finally playing and Ariana screamed louder than ever before when they first walked out on stage. Vic winked at her and she almost fainted. I've never seen her act this much like a fan girl before. I guess that's just what their perfection does to people.

Tonight was the most fun I've ever had in a long time. I never get to have any fun because of my dad, but now I finally have. All there is to do now is meet Kellin Quinn. Now that would really make this the best night of my life.