Chapter 10

I DO NOT OWN CHARACTERS OR TWILIGHT

Bella did not have time to think or react. Rosalie's lips smashed against hers so hard she felt her teeth take the impact. She gave a muffled yelp, eyes wider than wide as everything about the blonde became a palpable sensation in the air. Like Victoria had done in the car, Rosalie unwittingly poured her very being into Bella with her touch, and pheromones made her knees buckle so hard that she almost hit the floor.

Rosalie solved that problem, by grabbing Bella's ass in both hands and yanking her back up with so much force and strength that she cried out against the lips smothering hers as her feet left the floor.

Bella found that to be completely and unnecessarily erotic. Not consciously of course, all her conscious thoughts were composed of swearing and a mindless drone of panic.

Subconsciously though, her body was elated.

Rosalie growled against her parted lips, and then a tongue was in her mouth, tasting of apples and winter as the blonde surged forward, staggering them backward with vampiric speed that turned the world into a smear around her, kissing her and holding Bella so close to her body that all she could feel was the softness of her breasts and the hands gripping her ass painfully, deliciously tight. Rosalie only stopped plowing forward when Bella's back smacked brutally into the kitchen bar, having reached a dead end, which made Bella arch and groan in distress.

All of this happened in the span of about three seconds.

Suffice it to say that Bella was sufficiently brain dead and close to passing out as Rosalie heaved her onto the counter, grabbed her by the hair, and cranked her head back harshly, fully exposing the expanse of her throat, which bobbed tantalizingly at the vampire with Bella's desperate swallowing.

"Rose! Rosalie!" Was that Esme or Carlisle? Bella could not tell. Her senses were attuned only to the vampire all over her.

My god, she wondered, hands clutching at Rosalie's shoulders as her whole body shuddered wickedly. Bella's eyes were still open as wide as they could go, and she watched as Rosalie opened her mouth and let out a hiss akin to the warning of a coiled cobra. Her fangs extended, glistening, and even the outpouring of arousal she had forced upon Bella could not distort the unbridled terror that filled her at the sight of Rosalie posturing like that over her.

"Rosalie!" Bella yelled hysterically. "Stop!"

Yelling stop right then was kind of like when a police officer yells at a fleeing suspect. Pointless, because they obviously wouldn't.

And yet.

Rosalie froze, her mouth open wide and eyes locked on where Bella was sure her blood pumped the strongest. Her eyes were glazed, but at Bella's exclamation, she blinked once, twice, then rapidly, and they seemed to clear. She closed her mouth and furrowed her brow, opened it again, and then looked directly into Bella's eyes. Rosalie had returned to herself, just like that.

"Shit," she deadpanned and pursed her lips.

Alice appeared behind her in a whirl of rage, grabbed her by the waist, and flung her back so hard that she soared across the room and into Carlisle and Esme's arms. Bella collapsed on the kitchen bar that looked out into the living room which Alice had carelessly thrown her sister into. Her skin buzzed, and for a hysterical moment all she could think about were the Five gum commercials where people lay on millions of little metal balls that vibrated their whole bodies. She was gasping for air, lungs heavy with Rosalie's pheromones, and she cowered when Alice turned back to her with hard eyes that were very nearly black.

That did not just happen, was the first conscious thought her brain was capable of producing. That did not just happen.

"Bella, it's okay, sweetie. Come here. Oh god, I'm so sorry, we thought she was okay-" Alice murmured and gently but firmly grabbed her by the wrists and hauled her off the counter. Alice steadied her when she damn near collapsed, shaking violently.