Chapter 8

Bella understood then how a rabbit caught in a snare must feel.

The utter panic that exploded to life in her chest as Victoria drifted over her and placed one hand on the door above her head had her panting, her overworked heart bursting to life again. She opened her mouth, having no idea what she could possibly say as her throat closed, but Victoria beat her to it.

"Ah ah ah, kitten. Relax," she breathed and pheromones blasted her senseless.

Bella made a choked noise as they flooded the tiny space of the car and settled over her like a thick, lustful blanket, smothering her. "Jesus Christ," she sobbed, shuddering wildly as they lapped over her skin, dipped into her pores and lit up her nervous system. "What-Don't-"

Bella had never known vampires could do this. She had never been forewarned about this particular ability, and so her shock only deepened the strength of the effect Victoria pulled on her. It was worse than what she had done in Biology, and it was not a slow assault, but a fully fledged, no holds barred attack on her body.

Victoria smiled her deadly smile, baring her shiny teeth. Her fangs were fully revealed as she peered down at Bella through her molten eyes, her sweet breath puffing over the human's face.

"Easy, honey. Shh, I'm not going to hurt you..." Victoria murmured as Bella fell unusually still, fear stopping her cold. The redhead delicately lifted the hand not on the door behind her head and cupped her right cheek, the cool skin making Bella blanch and whimper.

Stupid idiot, you stupid fucking idiot, look what you did! Bella mentally mourned, cowering. Now you've gone and done it! Oh god, I'm so screwed! I'm so, so screwed-oh God, she smells even better than sex!

"Mm, you smell divine, kitten. God, I can barely stand it. I don't know how Alice can be so close to you all the time. You always smell fantastic, but oh, darling..." Victoria inhaled deeply, relish on her face that twisted Bella's belly with desire and terror. "You smell even better all worked up. Running around like that, getting your fucking hot, sweet blood pumping, your heart racing...Oh, and if I'm right, running isn't the only thing that gets you worked up..." Victoria sneered when Bella blushed, struggling to swallow as the vampire perched over her, practically straddling her.

She could feel her want pulsating most notably between her thighs, stoked by the woman atop her and all the pheromones she was pumping out, filling the car with her presence, suffocating Bella in it. Mortified by this realization, she sank further back into the seat, trembling.

You idiot, you stupid idiot... She thought. She felt horribly akin to a small child that had been lured into a stranger's van by promises of candy. God, she'd been lured in by something even less tempting than candy, by a freaking coat hanger.

How had she ever thought this was a good idea? Had she really been so naive as to think Victoria was actually just being nice?

Yes. Yes she had. And now she was paying for it.

"Oh, kitten, don't look so scared...I'm so sorry, I told myself I'd behave around you after being so brazen before, told myself I'd back off so as not to frighten you any further but...I just couldn't help myself. You're so vulnerable, Bella, and you don't even realize it...Living with vampires has made you careless. I think you've forgotten how primal we can be...And I'm not used to holding back, so when you wiggled that cute little ass of yours, bent over in my car, I just couldn't resist. Besides, you smell so. Damn. Good," Victoria groaned, the hand caressing her burning cheek sliding down as she spoke, seduced really.

Bella could only stare up at her, panting heavily. The pheromones drowned her brain, made her weak and pliant, confused, wanton.

Oh god, was all she could think as that smooth hand slipped down her neck and rubbed almost lovingly at her throat before it trailed down to her collarbone, tickling the skin there tantalizingly. Everywhere Victoria touched left a path of heat in her wake.