one.

2 Years Later.

Bethany’s POV

I was awoken by the sound of my curtains violently pushed to the side, the sunlight seeping through the windows. I went under my duvet cover to hide from the sun’s shine but someone pulled them away from me.

Groaning, I got one pillow and covered my head instead. Again, the pillow was pulled away from me.

“GET UP!” Ally, my best friend, yelled.

“NO!” I groaned, shifting my position so I was lying on my stomach and burying my face on my pillow.

“If you don’t get up now you’ll miss the important meeting Andrew keeps on babbling about.” She sighed.

“Is it today?” I asked, peeking at her.

“Yes,” she sighed again before she threw the pillow at me and yelled, “NOW GET UP SO WE WOULDN’T BE LATE.”

Walking out of my room she turned around and said, “By the way, your mom called and asked if you could stop over at her house. She misses you know?” She smiled at me and left my room.

Sighing, I hopped out of bed and retreated to my closet. It has been a while since I’ve last visited my parents. Picking my multicolored pastel long sleeved shirt, black shorts, and some undergarments, I went to my en suit and changed. Slipping on my white converse and tying my hair in a messy pony tail, I took a quick picture and posted it on twitter.

@BethanyJade: ‘What a better way to start the day by dressing so colorful . . . pic.twitter.com/preG0OO0’

Not much has changed for the past 2 years. I dyed my hair, so now I’m a blonde with brown highlights. I got signed by SyCo 2 months ago. I’m living with my best friend, Ally. And I’m still known as Bethany Hamilton, the girl who was left at the altar two years ago. That’s why people call me now by my second name, Jade.

“Bethany! We have to go!” Ally yelled from the living room.

Well, my friends and family still call me Bethany but other people call me Jade. I prefer it that way.

“Coming!” 

I left my room and together we went down to the garage, got into Ally’s black Nissan and drove off to Syco.

*****  

“Jade Hamilton.” I said to the receptionist in SyCo.  

“Andrew is waiting for you. He’s on the sixth floor, office number nine.” She replied casually.  

I bit my lower lip and nodded. I pulled Ally with me and we went inside the elevator. Once inside, Ally pressed number six and I couldn’t hold my laugh any longer.  

“What’s wrong with you?” Ally asked, raising her eyebrow at me.  

“Floor six. . . .Room nine . . .?”  

“Yeah…..” Ally shook her head at me. “I don’t get it.”  

“Six and nine. Sixty nine.” My laughed died down. It’s not funny anymore when you’re with someone who doesn’t get it.  

“I question you sometimes. You’re such a perv.”   

“Hey! Just because I found it funny doesn’t mean I’m a pervert!” I playfully slapped her arm.  

 The elevator doors opened and we walked out and towards room nine.  

“You’re right. You just get the normal ones but you’re so dense and innocent when it’s too much. It’s cute.” She pinched my cheeks.