eight.

Bethany’s POV

Loud voices were heard as Claire and I approached an office for the photo shoot. As we came closer to the open door, I caught up with some of their conversation.

“No!” A familiar, high-pitched voice protested. It was Tiffany. “You don’t understand Macy!”

“I might not understand what you’re trying to talk me out of,” The girl, Macy I assume. “But what I do understand is what her manager, Claire, was trying to tell me.”

“And what would that be?” I could picture Tiffany crossing her arms over her chest, crossing her legs, and slouching on the seat. She acts like a child when she doesn’t get what she wants.

“Your sister,” Macy pointed out. “Wants to spend time with you and Claire added that you two haven’t seen nor spoken to each other for two years.”

I haven’t notice that Claire and I stopped just outside the door but enough that we couldn’t be noticed from the inside of the office. She was looking at me, waiting to give her the signal for us to go in. I held my hand up, signaling that I wanted to hear what they were talking about.

“That is none of your business, Mace.”

“It may not be my business but if I haven’t spoken to my sister for that long, I would take this opportunity.” Macy spoke calmly.

I may be wrong but I think she’s the oldest out of her siblings. The way she spoke to Tiffany, so gentle and calm, told me that she’s a mother.

Silence enveloped them before Tiffany sighed, “I’ll do it.”

Just then Claire entered the room and I had no choice but to follow her.

I don’t get why my own sister would hesitate to agree on the job Claire was offering her. I mean, if I was on her spot and she was on mine, I would accept it immediately but I guess she has some reasons.

“I hope we weren’t interrupting anything.” Claire started to say while I just shook my head at her, trying to hide the smile creeping on my lips.

She chose the perfect time to enter. Of course she knew she wasn’t interrupting something.

“Oh not at all,” Macy started to stand up and fixed her blazer as she made her way over her desk to greet us.

She was wearing a white button up shirt tucked into her black pants paired with her black blazer and black pumps.

“Macy Winter,” she outstretched her hand for Claire to shake.

Tiffany hasn’t turned around yet and I’m afraid that I had done something to her before that I haven’t remembered.

“Of course you know Tiffany.” She smiled at us while she kicked Tiffany’s chair with her foot.

She stood up and turned to look at us. She looked frustrated at first but then her expression softened once she saw me.

She was still the gorgeous older sister I had. She had straight brunette hair that fell flawlessly past her shoulders down to her waist. Her blue eyes wasn’t just those normal ones you see, they were ocean blue. It was as if, when you look at her directly in the eye, you’ll see the ocean shining because of the sunlight. She was at least 5’11, four or five inches taller than me. We were complete opposites. She had straight brunette hair while I had wavy brunette, well blonde now, hair. She had ocean blue eyes while I had hazel brown ones. She was tall while I was petite.

“Bethany,” she spoke slowly, her high pitched voice was somehow like a musical instrument.

She was perfect in every way that I wasn’t but I still loved her nonetheless.