fourteen.

[A/N]

This should have been in the other author's note but thank you for the 7, 000 reads. I truly appreciate it. Xx

Tell what you think of this chapter please :) I would like to know what you think, where you think this is going, and all. 

Video at the side -- Liam fucking Payne, you cheeky bastard, thank you for doing that to Harry. You'll certainly enjoy the video ((especially Harry girls)) bc I did ;)

Comment and vote :)

And follow if you'd like.

Bye lovelies.

Charlene. Xx

Bethany’s POV

“Can you please open your mouth for me?” My otolaryngology or in other words, throat doctor said.

I glared at Claire before I obliged. This is why I hate her sometimes, Claire I mean. She can just say that I needed my throat to be checked by a throat doctor instead of using the word ‘otolaryngology’. I even googled that word just to know what that means.

Claire these past few days has been getting on my nerves. Yeah, I classified her as an annoying bitch kind of a manager the moment I met her. But these past few days she wouldn’t leave my side like I was a newly born baby. She kept on bugging me, asking me if I’m alright. Even though I find her annoying at times – oh sorry, all the time – I appreciate her as well. She cared for me like I’m her daughter but she’s much worse than my own mother. By the time she noticed that my answer to her question was always ‘fine’, she left me be. But what she said after made me regret being a snob to her.

“I don’t know what’s up with you these days but if you want to shut me out like what you did with the other lads then so be it. But that can never stop me for caring for your well-being.”

I wanted to snap at her, tell her that she doesn’t know what I’m going through but I didn’t. Instead, what she said sunk in. I was blinded by my anger towards the lads that I didn’t realized that she cared for me not because she was my manager but because she treated me as a human being with feelings.

She, later on, understood that the lads and I weren’t on good terms. And I, later on, found out (after my breakdown in the room that I destroyed) that it wasn’t Harry’s fault that Jason and I fought. I didn’t actually planned on eavesdropping on their conversation after I slammed the door in their faces but what I heard Harry say, shocked me.

“I’d rather have her hate me than to be her friend. That way I would figure out how she’ll forgive me rather than have her to love me again.”

Okay. So maybe I summarized it a bit. But do you honestly expect me to memorize what he said word for word? I can’t even memorize scientific laws. Back to the point.

He still has feelings for me.

After two years, he still has feelings for me.

But that can’t be, right? If he still has feelings for me then he wouldn’t have agreed on us being friends before I told him that we can’t be anymore. Why be friends with someone you love, right? So it can’t be. I might have heard things.

My thoughts were interrupted when my throat doctor tutted.

“Oh this isn’t good.”

Both Claire and my eyes widen when she said that.

“What do you mean ‘this isn’t good’?” I asked but it was muffled since she still had her stick thing is in my mouth. It sounded like I was speaking gibberish.