Chapter 5

Eva

       "Mrs.Rodriguez, you are leaving early today? The Principal has called a meeting of the staff" Kevin said as he kept some files on the table.

   Eva who was collecting her things from the locker looked at Kevin, he was the janitor of the school and would run errands for the Principal as well.

   Eva didn't want to attend the meeting, she had decided she was going to call in sick the day Taimur was visiting their school.

   "Kevin I am not feeling well today, so I thought maybe I could leave early", She replied.

    "But the Principal has given instructions that all the staff has to attend the meeting, I think it's very important you stay. If you are not well, I will ask for a medication from the nurse in the sick room" Kevin said looking at her with concern.

    "It's ok Kevin, I will leave after the meeting", Eva replied to him.

   She didn't want to attend the meeting and listen to everyone talk about Taimur. She was getting sick to her stomach, all everyone can talk about in the school was Taimur.

    The meeting was as dull for her as she had expected, Tia who was sitting right next to her looked very excited.

    " Why are you grinning like an idiot? Eva whispered in Tia's ear.

   "Aren't you excited?" Tia asked surprised.

   "What for?" She looked at her with a frown.

   "He is the Crown Prince, soon will be the King. Plus he is so good looking and hot, I heard he can take up to four wives", Tia was speaking with excitement.

    Eva looked at her in shock, Tia was really naive, if she thought she had some chance with Taimur.

    The man was a devil, and she always wondered how did he ever fall for her. "He didn't fall for you idiot, he was just using you," She thought with regret.

    And she had let him toy with her emotions, how come she thought she could have a future with him.

     "I was searching about him on google and I found he has only one wife. Arabs usually marry more than once", Tia was saying that in enthusiasm.

    " Forget it, Tia, he won't even look at the like of us", She replied curtly.

    She was really irritated at Tia's stupid remarks. There was a limit for being dumb and Tia had crossed it.

    Mr. Collins had instructed about the events and timings of the day. He gave a warning if any of the staff members didn't show up on that day consider it as their termination.

   Now, this got Eva worried, she had planned to call sick, but Collins had made it clear no excuse would be excepted.

   "Should I resign?" She debated with herself on the way home.

  But then Mateo will get suspicious if she resigns out of the blue. He had asked her only recently to quit the job and she had declined saying she needed to stay busy.

   Emma was busy eating M&M's beside her in the backseat. Robin was quiet today, Eva wondered if something was wrong with him.

   "Robin, you didn't ask me about my day, nor you described how was yours?  Eva asked looking at the back of his head.

  " Nothing Mrs. Rodriguez", Robin replied.

   "Is everything okay Robin?" She asked worriedly.