Chapter 4

Taimur

     He was pacing in his office, trying to calm himself. The meeting with Sikander earlier in the morning had shaken him.

    Sikander was still planning behind his back, he had known Taimur had infiltrators within Sikander's men and had posed as if he knew nothing just to deceive Taimur again.

   He hated his father, he hated how Sikander had been playing with his life all along. Even now he was willing to hurt him if Taimur didn't oblige to his wishes.

     He had called Haris to his office immediately, Haris was proving to be incompetent where his father was involved.
They needed to be very alert regarding Sikander's actions.

     He knew Sikander could go to any extent for the fulfillment of his desires. He wondered what Sikander had on him. He couldn't recall anything. But he was sure there had to be something, Sikander never gave out empty threats.

     Harris entered his cabin, he could see Haris looked tensed. It rarely happened that he called Haris to his office.

    "Hey Tim, you ok? Haris asked as he stood in front of Taimur.

     " I had a meeting with my father, and he knows we have infiltrator within his men. And he also has something on me which he wants to use for blackmailing me", He said as he started pacing again.

     His father was the most vicious person he had known, and he had been Sikander's target since childhood.

    "How did he found out?" Haris asked astonished. "My men had been so careful".

     " I don't know man, I am not worried about that right now. I am just desperate to find out what he has on me and how he intends to use it against me?", He said as he paused in front of the sofa then sat on it.

     "Don't worry I will find that out, Tim you are leaving for New York tomorrow right?" Haris asked him.

     "Yeah, why? He asked Haris.

    " No, nothing was just asking. What do you want me to do after I find out what your father is up to?" Hairs asked running his fingers through his hairs.

    "Inform me as soon as possible, and Haris make sure you don't fail me this time, you need to be very competent when dealing with my father. He is not like my other enemies he knows me very well and he never shows his cards until he is sure of winning" He said.

     "I am wondering how he slipped and told me he had something on me. It would have been the first time he had slipped anything and I am sure he will be desperate not to let us find out about it. So you may need to be more careful. Pull as many strings as you can but I need the answer", He continued.

    " Don't worry Tim, I will not disappoint you this time", Haris said.

       Taimur spent the night at his office apartment. He was going to the US for a month and he needed to take care of everything before he left Azmaayir.

     Talib had called and told him that he had resigned from the military. Taimur had felt terrible that his younger brother had to leave something that he really cared about because their father could have his way.

    The loathing he had for his father increased ten folds. He was a monster, who just cared about his own ruthless desires. If not for Uncle Waleed Taimur would have never agreed to be crowned as the King.

  The next day was more hectic then the previous one, Alia had called him in the afternoon to know when he was coming home. She sounded a little low on the call, Taimur wondered what was it that was worrying her. Did Sikander reach out to her?