Chapter 3

Sikander Al Jahaan

Sikander was waiting at the Club for Taimur, they were to meet for breakfast. Taimur was very punctual, but today he was late by nearly half an hour. Sikander was getting restless due to this delay.

He wanted to discuss the business, but the main reason Sikander wanted to meet him was that he wanted to discuss the events of the last council meeting.

Taimur had asked the council to delay his coronation for one more year, sighting the reason he was very busy with his business and that he was not ready to take the responsibility of the crown.

It had left him very furious, Taimur was playing with him, he had sensed that Taimur was up to something. Taimur was not intimated by him like before and was challenging him.

If Taimur was playing any mind games with him, Sikander will make sure to get back to him.

The waitress had come twice to ask him about his order. He was waiting for Taimur to arrive before he ordered.

Sikander had dismissed her just with a gesture of his hand. Foolish lady, why was she bothering him? If he had to order he would have called someone.

At that instant, he saw Taimur entering the dining hall, the buzz in the hall had died and everyone was looking at him. Sikander looked at his firstborn with pride, he was born to rule Azmaayir and Sikander will make sure that he does.

Taimur was wearing the usual white robe with a headscarf, he had an aura of dominance in his personality. He moved with a lethal grace of a leopard, his jade-green eyes were the most significant feature in his face.

Sikander was constantly gazing at him until Taimur reached their table and greeted him. Taimur held a superior title than Sikander, Sikander had to bow in front of him it was a royal protocol. Sikander felt proud to bow in front of his son, it was Sikander who had brought Taimur to this position.

"Asslam Alaikum", Taimur greeted him.

" Walekum Salam" Sikander replied, then he bowed to Taimur and they sat at the table.

Sikander called the waitress with the gesture of his hand, who was already waiting for him to call and looked quite eager to attend them.

Sikander noticed the way in which the waitress was looking at Taimur, it was not new for Sikander, girls used to swoon over him like that since Taimur was a teenager.
But his son didn't seem to notice her stare or was not interested in her.

Sikander knew how smitten Taimur was with Alia, she had proved to be a wise decision.

Since the day Sikander had an argument with Taimur regarding Eva at his home, Sikander had started scanning the girls in the Al Jahaan family who could prove to be a suitable match for his son.

After weeks of thinking and assessment, Sikander had chosen Alia. She was the daughter of his second cousin. Alia had stayed in Europe for a major part of her life. She had just returned from London after her specialization in Eye Surgery.

She was well mannered, pretty and smart, perfect beauty with brain. Taimur himself had stayed in Europe and America for his education and he had an influence of west in his personality. Sikander knew Taimur would never marry a typical Arabian girl. He wanted a life partner who would understand his ways.

And Alia was just the one Sikander thought would compliment his son and get along with him. Sikander was glad Alia was not betrothed to anyone, otherwise, he would have to break the betrothal.

Sikander had approached Waleed with his proposal, at first Waleed didn't agree to force Taimur into a betrothal but after Sikander told him about Eva, Waleed didn't have any choice left than to oblige to Sikander's plan.